New to the forum? Then say hello here
gremlyng
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: 2019 R1 big bang
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Newbie from South Wales

Post by gremlyng »

Just stopping by to say hello, just joined the forum as recently bought an R1 big bang. New to Yamaha ownership but mature rider with experience with other brands.

Boz
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1M + R1 4C8

Re: Newbie from South Wales

Post by Boz »

Hi Paul and welcome aboard, we'd love to see pics of your bike. There's lots of mature riders on here and older immature ones too! :)
Live life in the fastish lane
R1Clarky
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 5JJ

Post by R1Clarky »

welcome in pal - were all big kids here :-) enjoy the forum mate and get some bike pics up :-)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Treat everyone with respect unless they prove themselves to be Unworthy :-)
Exuptoy
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: 2018 MT10

Post by Exuptoy »

Welcome fella, where ya from? I'm from Maesteg myself.
Chaos.....panic......destruction.......my work here is done!
jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Post by jompy »

Welcome in Paul
Another from the valleys :lol:
Hope you enjoy the forum and enjoy riding your sausage :handgestures-thumbupright:
gremlyng
Been Here a While

Post by gremlyng »

Cheers guys - From RCT.

I don't really want to be anymore specific just in case someone decides to join & use the forum as a map of where to go steal bikes! :-)
R1Clarky
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 5JJ

Post by R1Clarky »

bike looks good :-)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Treat everyone with respect unless they prove themselves to be Unworthy :-)
jompy

Post by jompy »

gremlyng wrote:Cheers guys - From RCT.

I don't really want to be anymore specific just in case someone decides to join & use the forum as a map of where to go steal bikes! :-)
See from the valley ;)
We can understand your concern bud
What's your biking history ?
Lockandkey
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: R1 Big Bang

Post by Lockandkey »

Hi paul and welcome. Would love to here the recommended roads south wales. Went through Brecon Beacons last saturday for the first time and enjoyed the A40.
petepassion
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: YamaharZX6R

Post by petepassion »

Hi, welcome to the forum, bet the Big bang feels a little different to your previous bikes.

Dave.
...I'm Just a passenger
Horus-222_R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1 - 14B/E

Post by Horus-222_R1 »

Welcome to banger world and the forum mate.
2012 & yellow - must be one of those anni's.
Inkaddict1733
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha r6

Post by Inkaddict1733 »

Welcome, also a newbie
gremlyng
Been Here a While

Post by gremlyng »

Sorry, been away for a while not had chance to stop by.

@Jompy - Yeah can't be too careful in the the valleys :-) Previous bikes - 600 Bandit, 954RR Blade, CBR600, ZX636R, 1098S

@petepassion - The R1 feels great, different but not strange as I've had inline 4 bikes and also lived with the Ducati 1098s for a good while so the R1 is kinda cool as in some ways feels quite similar to what I'm already used to - the R1 feels much heavier than the 1098 and less agile at this stage. Take the Italian quirks away from the Duke and it's a stonking bike.

@lockandkey Yeah some fantastic roads here in Wales more so Brecon upwards. Parts of the A470 are pretty good but personally I love the A483 from Llandovery over the sugarloaf to Beulah (turn off left by the petrol station head over the B4358) meet the A470 at Newbridge on Wye turn left and head to Rhayader, at the cenotaph turn right and follow the A44 to Crossgates, lots of bikers stop at the transprt cafe in Crossgates then you have a number of options for some further great routes - Newtown - Builth - Hereford etc....

Thanks for all the other welcomes etc..
Danf1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 4c8,4xv

Post by Danf1 »

Exuptoy wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:31 pm Welcome fella, where ya from? I'm from Maesteg myself.
Went to school with some right nutters from maesteg but almost 40 years later I’ve recovered :o
jompy

Post by jompy »

Welcome back Paul :lol:
Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

gremlyng wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:35 pm Sorry, been away for a while not had chance to stop by.

@Jompy - Yeah can't be too careful in the the valleys :-) Previous bikes - 600 Bandit, 954RR Blade, CBR600, ZX636R, 1098S

@petepassion - The R1 feels great, different but not strange as I've had inline 4 bikes and also lived with the Ducati 1098s for a good while so the R1 is kinda cool as in some ways feels quite similar to what I'm already used to - the R1 feels much heavier than the 1098 and less agile at this stage. Take the Italian quirks away from the Duke and it's a stonking bike.

@lockandkey Yeah some fantastic roads here in Wales more so Brecon upwards. Parts of the A470 are pretty good but personally I love the A483 from Llandovery over the sugarloaf to Beulah (turn off left by the petrol station head over the B4358) meet the A470 at Newbridge on Wye turn left and head to Rhayader, at the cenotaph turn right and follow the A44 to Crossgates, lots of bikers stop at the transprt cafe in Crossgates then you have a number of options for some further great routes - Newtown - Builth - Hereford etc....

Rct when I grew up it was mid Glamorgan 😀 nice ride that my problem is I get to Llandovery then drink coffee and talk bikes till it’s time to head home.
Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

jompy wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:43 pm Welcome back Paul :lol:
Jompy you like to shoot sh!t then!
R14XV
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: 98 4XV

Post by R14XV »

gremlyng wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:35 pm Sorry, been away for a while not had chance to stop by.

Welcome.
Had a break last year in Powys stayed in eco lodge with its own outdoor hot tub :dance: , amazing part of Wales, saw the Red Kites feeding at Rhayader and often passed through Crossgates on our daily trips out to Devils bridge, Offas Dyke etc. . Great biking roads with very few vehicles, next time hopefully wont be in the funbus. :doh:
jompy

Post by jompy »

Danf1 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:50 pm
jompy wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:43 pm Welcome back Paul :lol:
Jompy you like to shoot sh!t then!
Yeah but not in a gay way ;)

Paul my wife grew up in south Wales and worked in the bike shops , she used to tear up the south and mid wales roads when she was younger ! Ive only managed a few rides in south wales but driven a fair bit . When Jen lived in Aberystwyth working for Cambrian Tyres I took the bike as often as I could , loved the route down from Shrewsbury to llangurig and then the wicked A44 to Aber ! I've also got a mate who lives in Brecon but his business is now in Builth wells .
Some cracking roads , the elan valley from Aber to Rhayader is interesting on a super Moto :lol: