New to the forum? Then say hello here
breaking'98
Lurker
Bike Make & Model: 1998 r1
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

greetings

Post by breaking'98 »

Hi all i have a '98 R1 which i am breaking if anyone needs anything. I had it for years as a trackday bike until 3rd gear broke a few years back. I have to make some space now as I never got round to fitting the new box (which is in a box in the garage), let me know if you need anything.

Sean

Moise
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 4xv

Re: greetings

Post by Moise »

Welcome to the forum, although it's not often that someone joins who's breaking their bike!

I could be interested in the spare gearbox - what is the condition like?
"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

1999 4xv in blue
breaking'98
Lurker

Post by breaking'98 »

I know, I'm gutted but it just isn't going to get sorted with everything else going on. Looking at other bikes on this forum I'm sorry to have to do this, such a great bike.

I bought the box for £200 after mine broke and can't guarantee it, it just never got fitted. Yours for £150, sold as seen (I can unwrap it all and send pics).
jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Post by jompy »

There's a reason people can't post in the for sale section until they have posted at least 20 posts
Your probably just trying to help but there are rules for this forum and you are meant to read them before posting to save the Admins and Moderators from having to post stuff like this !
breaking'98
Lurker

Post by breaking'98 »

Apologies Jompy, I was hoping to find some enthusiasts to benefit from my loss. i should have joined years ago.
Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M

Post by Steve R1 »

Welcome Sean. Sorry to hear you are breaking your bike, but sadly some times needs must.

Reply to some welcome threads, wish some members happy birthday , that will get your post count up , 20 posts isn’t a lot and you are 10% there with this thread

Welcome and good luck

Stephen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Post by jompy »

breaking'98 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:39 pm Apologies Jompy, I was hoping to find some enthusiasts to benefit from my loss. i should have joined years ago.
Yes mate you should have done , they're a good bunch on here 👍
What bikes you still got ?
breaking'98
Lurker

Post by breaking'98 »

Thanks, I have the '98 which isn't pretty but was a really sound bike until I lost 3rd. The management has decreed that it has to move so i thought contacting you guys would be a great way to ensure it is going to a good home.
Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M

Post by Steve R1 »

breaking'98 wrote:Thanks, I have the '98 which isn't pretty but was a really sound bike until I lost 3rd. The management has decreed that it has to move so i thought contacting you guys would be a great way to ensure it is going to a good home.
We all have to do as she obeys.. been there mate, got the t shirt..etc... so I know what you mean .... and even after 38 years of it.. it’s still a bitter pill to swallow .... but needs must.... we have to kept the other arf happy Image.. that’s life Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts