New to the forum? Then say hello here
Anth t
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: R1 2008 4c8
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

H new to here

Post by Anth t »

Hiya , new to this place but not to bikes , love r1’s had a few bikes in my time but always come back to r1 just can’t beat em 8-) i

R1Clarky
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 5JJ

Re: H new to here

Post by R1Clarky »

welcome in pal, which model do ya have, which ones have ya had & we do like an R1 piccy or 2, oh & we're a nosey bunch here, enjoy the forum and get stuck in m8

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Treat everyone with respect unless they prove themselves to be Unworthy :-)
Anth t
Been Here a While

Post by Anth t »

Chears mate , well I’ve had a 98 4xv the first ones in blue with the yzf on fairing in blue loved it , then went to gsxr k3 1000 totally uncomfortable so bye bye had a 06 sp in black loved it proper nice wich disappeared from Newcastle on sunny weekend gutted I was. , so now I currently have a mega low mileage one owner 2008 4c8 in blue ,, apperantly my mrs says I’ve shares in pro bolt lol ile put a pic up soon mate but thanks for the welcome
Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M

Post by Steve R1 »

Hi Anthony, welcome to the forum, sorry to hear your SP was stolen... thieving bar stewards...

You will be in Paul’s aka Clarky’s good book for having not one... but two... slow blue R1’s....

Clarky.. thinks his R1 is super fast.... indeed it’s so fast milk floats struggle to overtake him... but they generally do get past....

Now red R1’s.... that’s another story .....

Seriously, welcome to our biking community, it really doesn’t matter what bike you have, blue, red, white, silver, Yamaha, or any other manufacturer... even Honda ... are all welcome here

Posts up some pics of your bike

Welcome
Stephen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
Anth t
Been Here a While

Post by Anth t »

Hi Steven , many thanks , lol red now come on lol blue is sexy tho😎, if I was to choose another colour I’d paint it Marlboro colours but with daylong orange lol not red no offense but just reds my bad luck colour once broke my knee on a cr 500 motocross Like so high in the air and falling fast not good and that was RED LOL
R1Clarky
Donator
Donator

Post by R1Clarky »

dont worry ant, our Steve's been on the vino

Danf1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 4c8,4xv

Post by Danf1 »

R1Clarky wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:40 pm dont worry ant, our Steve's been on the vino ImageImageImage

At 4.30pm!!!!
Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

Danf1 wrote:
R1Clarky wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:40 pm dont worry ant, our Steve's been on the vino ImageImageImage

At 4.30pm!!!!
I’d had a bottle of solver fast red by then Julian Image

jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Post by jompy »

welcome in Anthony
Enjoy the forum and the odd inmates , they mean well 😂
Enjoy the 4c8 they're a bit of an animal as Danf1 found out after owning his for 10 years and then having it flashed 😱
Anth t
Been Here a While

Post by Anth t »

Lol , no won’t be flashing her it’s all good as she is , did do a 501 chain conversion and it made a huge difference the front just wants to meet the sky lol
Anth t
Been Here a While

Post by Anth t »

Did I say 501 ??? Lol there jeans man lol I meant a 520 pitch lol ? Too much of Stevens red vino 🥴
Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

Anth t wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:35 pm Lol , no won’t be flashing her it’s all good as she is , did do a 501 chain conversion and it made a huge difference the front just wants to meet the sky lol
You really really should flash it. Right now you only get 75% throttle in the first three gears below 8.5k that’s why it lifts the front at 9k.and it makes the throttle silky smooth at low openings especially on/off/on transitions. Honestly pal for £160 it’s the best mod I’ve made and I’ve done a lot of mods. Now as long as you don’t tell the others I’ll let you in to a secret I’ve got a blue one😉
Anth t
Been Here a While

Post by Anth t »

Lol nice one will have a think mate chears
Moise
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 4xv

Post by Moise »

Welcome to the forum. It's a bit crazier than usual as we can't ride, with a couple of exceptions, and some are drinking more than usual.

I'm in NZ if you can't place the accent.

Your bike looks good, but there is something about a red and white 4c8. I nearly bought one in an auction last year but the bidding went crazy and I left them to it.
"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

1999 4xv in blue
Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

Julian is right about the flash, it makes the throttle silky smooth and gets rid if the flat spot.

Duncan, this pic is for you mate Image

I still think she was the best looking bike I ever owned. That red seat however... was a bugger to keep clean

Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

Steve R1 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:50 am Julian is right about the flash, it makes the throttle silky smooth and gets rid if the flat spot.

I still think she was the best looking bike I ever owned. That red seat however... was a bugger to keep clean

That’s proper fast Steve!! It even looks faster than Clarkys blue r1 and it’s standing still with the side stand down!!! How can these soft Northman monkeys argue? Oh wait Steve your kind of north oh and a bit soft 🥺 right im off before I dig any deeper. :whistle:
R1Clarky
Donator
Donator

Post by R1Clarky »

tbf them red & white 4c8's sure do look purrty

Be nice, remember - you reap what you sew

Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

Danf1 wrote:
Steve R1 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:50 am Julian is right about the flash, it makes the throttle silky smooth and gets rid if the flat spot.

That’s proper fast Steve!! It even looks faster than Clarkys blue r1 and it’s standing still with the side stand down!!! How can these soft Northman monkeys argue? Oh wait Steve your kind of north oh and a bit soft Image right im off before I dig any deeper. :whistle:
Julian... I am northern and indeed soft in the head

So no offence taken mate Image

Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

R1Clarky wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:15 am tbf them red & white 4c8's sure do look purrty Image

Be nice, remember - you reap what you sew Image
Isn’t it a bit late for me to start now?? 😍
Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

R1Clarky wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:15 am tbf them red & white 4c8's sure do look purrty Image

Be nice, remember - you reap what you sew Image
Anyway I’m a fat,old,grey,slow bloke riding an out of date old BLUE R1 I think reaping what I sew is the least of my worries :?
Moise
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 4xv

Post by Moise »

Steve R1 wrote:Julian is right about the flash, it makes the throttle silky smooth and gets rid if the flat spot.

The one I saw a repo with some minor damage. I decided on the maximum I would bid, but it went for over $2000 more. Very disappointed to miss out as it looked great and the riding position was better for me than the 4xv.
"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

1999 4xv in blue
Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

Moise wrote:
Steve R1 wrote:Julian is right about the flash, it makes the throttle silky smooth and gets rid if the flat spot.

The one I saw a repo with some minor damage. I decided on the maximum I would bid, but it went for over $2000 more. Very disappointed to miss out as it looked great and the riding position was better for me than the 4xv.
Keep looking Duncan, the right one is out there for you mate Image

Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

Moise wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:16 am

Your right about the riding Moise it’s very comfortable I’ve changed the bars and pegs and it’s really good for a 6’3” fat bloke.
Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

Danf1 wrote:
Moise wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:16 am

Your right about the riding Moise it’s very comfortable I’ve changed the bars and pegs and it’s really good for a 6’3” fat bloke.
It’s very good for a 5’5” thin bloke too Image

polar
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: FJR 1300, MT10SP

Post by polar »

Anth t wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:57 pm Chears mate , well I’ve had a 98 4xv the first ones in blue with the yzf on fairing in blue loved it , then went to gsxr k3 1000 totally uncomfortable so bye bye had a 06 sp in black loved it proper nice wich disappeared from Newcastle on sunny weekend gutted I was. , so now I currently have a mega low mileage one owner 2008 4c8 in blue ,, apperantly my mrs says I’ve shares in pro bolt lol ile put a pic up soon mate but thanks for the welcome
Hi and welcome to the forum, as you have seen they are a great bunch on here - hey they even made me feel welcome when i joined :lol:

Ive made some very good friends because of this forum and there's not another forum out there like it :clap:

The 4c8 is a great bike fast as fcuk but cofortable at the same time - recon one of the best R1 made. I had the 5VY and this is similar to the 4C8 and i loved it. I would have any one of those models again from 2004 - 2008.