Hi Everyone.

New to the forum? Then say hello here
jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Re: Hi Everyone.

Post by jompy »

NoExpert wrote:Looks fantastic! Braided lines are also on my list, but in terms of transforming the bike, those three things have made a huge difference. Maybe not power making difference, but feel, control and confidence difference.

As it’s a US bike the flash will get you more power by removing the throttle restrictions. Also, when you tear it apart next, remove the plenum and chop off the restrictor from it. I’d recommend doing this the same time you install a y-pipe and smog block off plates since you need to remove the plenum to get to the AIS system and spark plugs for that matter.
Your saying Chuds has a US bike ?

Chuds1
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: R1 14B 2014
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Chuds1 »

jompy wrote: Your saying Chuds has a US bike ?
Yes its a US bike which I was a bit disappointed about. The bike never made it to the US though it was first registered in the UK. I never knew when I bought the bike as the seller never mentioned it. My fault though as I should have checked better. I have another post in the R1 specific section on the temperature gauge as I was hoping to change the temp display on the dash to Def "C" but no joy yet.
Chuds1
Been Here a While

Post by Chuds1 »

NoExpert wrote:Looks fantastic! Braided lines are also on my list, but in terms of transforming the bike, those three things have made a huge difference. Maybe not power making difference, but feel, control and confidence difference.

As it’s a US bike the flash will get you more power by removing the throttle restrictions. Also, when you tear it apart next, remove the plenum and chop off the restrictor from it. I’d recommend doing this the same time you install a y-pipe and smog block off plates since you need to remove the plenum to get to the AIS system and spark plugs for that matter.

Thanks NoExpert, what do you mean by the "smog block off plates"
NoExpert
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 2014 YZF-R1

Post by NoExpert »

On the valve cover there’s an AIS setup that pumps air from the airbox into the exhaust gas to help burn off fuel before getting to the catalytic converter. When you ditch the catalytic converter you no longer need this system, it also screws with dyno AFR readings if you ever get it tuned. So you buy these plates that block off the openings left in the valve cover when you remove the AIS system. These are the Graves smog block off plates I have:

This is the portion of the plenum you chop off:

2014 R1 1KB RAPID RED

A friend will help you move, a true friend will help you move a dead body.
jompy

Post by jompy »

Chuds1 wrote:
jompy wrote: Your saying Chuds has a US bike ?
Yes its a US bike which I was a bit disappointed about. The bike never made it to the US though it was first registered in the UK. I never knew when I bought the bike as the seller never mentioned it. My fault though as I should have checked better. I have another post in the R1 specific section on the temperature gauge as I was hoping to change the temp display on the dash to Def "C" but no joy yet.
Shame you didn't know before hand but if your getting it flashed anyway and with a couple of mods like Josh says it won't matter .
I know with the 4xv you can change from kph to mph and the temp by changing resoldering one of the jumpers on the circuit board , I know because I bought a kph speedo by mistake
Chuds1
Been Here a While

Post by Chuds1 »

[quote="NoExpert"]On the valve cover there’s an AIS setup that pumps air from the airbox into the exhaust gas to help burn off fuel before getting to the catalytic converter. When you ditch the catalytic converter you no longer need this system, it also screws with dyno AFR readings if you ever get it tuned. So you buy these plates that block off the openings left in the valve cover when you remove the AIS system. These are the Graves smog block off plates I have:

Spot on thanks good to know when I come to take the decat off :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Chuds1
Been Here a While

Post by Chuds1 »

Shame you didn't know before hand but if your getting it flashed anyway and with a couple of mods like Josh says it won't matter .
I know with the 4xv you can change from kph to mph and the temp by changing resoldering one of the jumpers on the circuit board , I know because I bought a kph speedo by mistake[/quote]

Yes you're right once I carry out a few mods it want matter. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Thanks again for everyone's help. :clap:
NoExpert
Donator
Donator

Post by NoExpert »

US throttle map limits:

This is a big reason to flash the ECU.
2014 R1 1KB RAPID RED

Chuds1
Been Here a While

Post by Chuds1 »

NoExpert wrote:US throttle map limits:

Wow I can't make head nor tale of that :think:
jompy

Post by jompy »

Chuds1 wrote:

Glad it's not just me :dance:
R1Clarky
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 5JJ

Post by R1Clarky »

jompy wrote:
Chuds1 wrote:

Glad it's not just me :dance:
my guess would be- more blue/green = restricted power for gears/revs :-)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Treat everyone with respect unless they prove themselves to be Unworthy :-)
NoExpert
Donator
Donator

Post by NoExpert »

Go down to the 12000 RPM line then follow it right to where you get to 100% throttle. See how it’s no longer 100? They limit the throttle to 83.6 past 11500 RPMs and 88% throttle.

That’s what your ECU uses for throttle input. Vertical column is RPMs, horizontal is APS (accelerator position sensor or your right hand position). The values are the throttle position. So you can see that even if you whack it full throttle at say 3000 RPMs you’re not going to get 100% throttle till you hit 6500 RPMs.
2014 R1 1KB RAPID RED

Chuds1
Been Here a While

Post by Chuds1 »

NoExpert wrote:Go down to the 12000 RPM line then follow it right to where you get to 100% throttle. See how it’s no longer 100? They limit the throttle to 83.6 past 11500 RPMs and 88% throttle.

That’s what your ECU uses for throttle input. Vertical column is RPMs, horizontal is APS (accelerator position sensor or your right hand position). The values are the throttle position. So you can see that even if you whack it full throttle at say 3000 RPMs you’re not going to get 100% throttle till you hit 6500 RPMs.

Haha easy when you know how. Makes sense now. Over the winter I'll look into getting the ecu reflashed. :dance:
Horus-222_R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1 - 14B/E

Post by Horus-222_R1 »

This is visual graphed results of speed tests on a 1000 R1s based on their colour. Fast to slow from left to right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
2012 & yellow - must be one of those anni's.
Redjj
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: MT-09 2018

Post by Redjj »

Horus-222_R1 wrote:This is visual graphed results of speed tests on a 1000 R1s based on their colour. Fast to slow from left to right. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ImageImageImageImage
Alis volat propriis