New to the forum? Then say hello here
jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Re: New Member

Post by jompy »

servicebasketusa wrote:I am happy to introduce me at this new member thread. I am Shawn Wilson, 26 years single male from USA. I am engaged with local service marketplace of USA, Canada and Australia where post items to buy and sale.
You need to start your own newbie post bud , it's a minimum of 20 posts before you can buy or sell and it's not for business use

Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M
Has thanked: 0

Post by Steve R1 »

She looks beautiful mate .... and as Clarky says winter doesn’t start until they put salt on the road ..... loads of riding days left this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
PhillW
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: R1 BX4
Been thanked: 0

Post by PhillW »

Steve R1 wrote:She looks beautiful mate Image.... and as Clarky says winter doesn’t start until they put salt on the road ..... loads of riding days left this year Image

Thanks. I'm off work this week with it been half term, I managed to get out after it dried out, started on mode D :!: but felt very woolly (no surprise) and quickly changed the power setting. I set the suspension up as per the video I found on here, and reduced the tire pressures, but they still didn't seem to be getting very warm, put my hand on once I stopped, time of year I guess. Great fun, all coming back to me :D

What settings do others use? anyone use reduced power or is it full power all the way? probably a daft question :whistle:
Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

The bike is amazing, the other week I was riding in the rain, she was so so smooth, it wasn’t until I almost got home that I realised she was on power mode 2 , the throttle is truly amazing, it’s a 600 chassis/ weight with 200bhp.... my mind says it should be lethal .... but in fact it’s the most well behaved bike I have ever owned..... truly fantastic..... I’m hoping to get out on mine next week

Generally power 1 if I’m on twisties and going fir it, town power 2.... usually 3 in rain but see above.... probably stick to 2 now when raining, never used 4

Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

The bike is amazing, the other week I was riding in the rain, she was so so smooth, it wasn’t until I almost got home that I realised she was on power mode 2 , the throttle is truly amazing, it’s a 600 chassis/ weight with 200bhp.... my mind says it should be lethal .... but in fact it’s the most well behaved bike I have ever owned..... truly fantastic..... I’m hoping to get out on mine next week

Generally power 1 if I’m on twisties and going fir it, town power 2.... usually 3 in rain but see above.... probably stick to 2 now when raining, never used 4