nobull
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: R1
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

halloo

Post by nobull »

Hi all,
adding a post so I can get up to 20 & buy/sell parts.
Just bought my first road R1, 2017 blue, previously owned 2000 track/race bike (going back to 2002-2006!). Its fair to say things have moved on a bit, wish I had slide control on the old one would have saved me some pain :D .
1 downside - how hard is it running a new bike in?! Just want to give it the beans....

PJC
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: GSXR1000K5 5PW

Re: halloo

Post by PJC »

Evening chief, welcome in. Who did you race with then?

Running in, best stick to the man recommendations as everything is logged in the ECU so ive been told.

If you have any pics get them posted up.

We have a good bunch of lads who trackday and race, come and join us. 17 of us are off to Alcarras this Saturday

Tuck in behind me, i'll show you the best place to crash

Stopped drinking, smoking, taking drugs and running sex parties, luckily ive still bikes to corrupt me 8-)
PhillW
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: R1 BX4

Post by PhillW »

nobull wrote:Hi all,
adding a post so I can get up to 20 & buy/sell parts.
Just bought my first road R1, 2017 blue, previously owned 2000 track/race bike (going back to 2002-2006!). Its fair to say things have moved on a bit, wish I had slide control on the old one would have saved me some pain :D .
1 downside - how hard is it running a new bike in?! Just want to give it the beans....
Hello, I had the same goal to get to 20, to look at buying some bits, just reply to everything :)
Donny
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1 2CR

Post by Donny »

The new aaar one motors respond well to getting tharashed from new, more power mister zulu :D welcome in and enjoy the forum
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are............
jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Post by jompy »

Welcome n Chris
Enjoy the forum
nobull
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: R1

Post by nobull »

Cheers guys!
I did odd meeting with nemrc and auto66, and a few with Derby Phoenix, nothing too serious, would've done a lot more but for destroying R1 and almost myself at Cadwell. Havent heard much of DP lately, anyone know if they are still running? Used to be very well run back in the day (2005 onwards for 2 or 3 years I was with them). Planning on getting the new R1 on track late on next year once its run in on road, its going to be a weapon on track suspect it will be much better than me!
PJC
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: GSXR1000K5 5PW

Post by PJC »

nobull wrote:Cheers guys!
I did odd meeting with nemrc and auto66, and a few with Derby Phoenix, nothing too serious, would've done a lot more but for destroying R1 and almost myself at Cadwell. Havent heard much of DP lately, anyone know if they are still running? Used to be very well run back in the day (2005 onwards for 2 or 3 years I was with them). Planning on getting the new R1 on track late on next year once its run in on road, its going to be a weapon on track suspect it will be much better than me!
They went bust last year mate. I rode for them in 03 to 06 and New Era and NEMRCC.

Tuck in behind me, i'll show you the best place to crash

Stopped drinking, smoking, taking drugs and running sex parties, luckily ive still bikes to corrupt me 8-)