Squbbe
Lurker
Bike Make & Model: 2007 R1
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Newbie from Finland

Post by Squbbe »

Hello,
just found this forum, seems to have much R1 related info & discussion which is nice to see. 8-)
I've owned my 2007 R1 for 3,5 years now and been slowly upgrading it (it was bone stock when I first bought it)
Now, almost 30 thousand kms later (total now at almost 60k) it has some minor mods:
- full Akrapovic titanium exhaust & PC3
- Öhlins steering damper
- Speedohealer
- Oxford heated grips (saved my hands so many times from freezing I cant even remember)
- OEM rear seat cover
- 16 tooth front sprocket from 03 R1
- Shido LiFePo battery, maybe the best battery I've had, lightweight and holds charge very well
- Rizoma led blinkers, expensive but bright and well-built

Bought Hepco & Becker side bags also when I saw them fitted to 08 R1 at a local bike part shop. Now I just need to fabricate a new license plate holder which has supports for the bag brackets. Genius idea, I think.
I have done a couple Norway trips with my mates, been dreaming of a trip to Alps but my schedules with work and friends haven't matched. Still studying and summer jobs dont have much of a chance for time off.
Here's a couple of (old) pics)

Here's the bike with the bag mounts installed. Funny enough, it's the same bike I test rode before I bought mine in 2014. Would have bought it myself if I had the cash.

One question to older members (or admins),
Registered to this forum, and while waiting for Finland's long winter to end, started shopping for some new upgrades.
I found a couple interesting adverts in the "for sale"- section, but I can't send private messages because of my "newbieness". Does anyone know what do I need to do, or how many posts do I have to post to get the priviledges? I couldn't find any other info than contact admin, if unable to send PMs.

jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Re: Newbie from Finland

Post by jompy »

Welcome in Valtteri
First of you need 20 posts for the for sale section and for PM's so get posting ;) now the craps out the way !
Your 4c8 looks great in black :clap:
Upgrades , how about a re-map , it can cure that fueling lag on in gear exceleration and removes the in gear restrictions ;)
Squbbe
Lurker

Post by Squbbe »

Okay, thanks for the info!
If I understood you correctly, you meant remapping the fuel system. My bike has powercommander 3 and it has been custom mapped on dyno.
I bought the PC and Akras second hand & with the map already in it. So, I have no dyno charts or anything as proof (thanks to the lazy previous owner not sending me those) but it's definitely a custom map, since standard downloadable Akra map was different. I checked it myself via Power Commander software.
And the power difference especially in mid range is whopping compared to original pipes.

If admins have any magic tools, which can release me from this 20 post limit, I'm begging you. Otherwise I'll have to contaminate other sub-sections unnecessarily as well :lol:
Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M

Post by Steve R1 »

Welcome to the forum Valtteri , your 4c8 looks awesome.... had to look twice at the picture of the snow..... I mean white leathers are sort of camouflaged against the snow... lol

Welcome

Stephen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
jompy

Post by jompy »

Squbbe wrote:Okay, thanks for the info!
If I understood you correctly, you meant remapping the fuel system. My bike has powercommander 3 and it has been custom mapped on dyno.
I bought the PC and Akras second hand & with the map already in it. So, I have no dyno charts or anything as proof (thanks to the lazy previous owner not sending me those) but it's definitely a custom map, since standard downloadable Akra map was different. I checked it myself via Power Commander software.
And the power difference especially in mid range is whopping compared to original pipes.

If admins have any magic tools, which can release me from this 20 post limit, I'm begging you. Otherwise I'll have to contaminate other sub-sections unnecessarily as well :lol:
Contaminate away , we all talk crap anyway ;)
andycktm
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: yamaha R1

Post by andycktm »

Hi Mate.
One of my favorite model years 07- 08.
Don't like the four rocket launchers though :(
Squbbe
Lurker

Post by Squbbe »

You're right, they are quite terrible :mrgreen: the blue one had carbon leovince's slip ons when I rode it. The owner of the bike said that it was too loud with them. Strongly disagree :lol:
She had an other R1 earlier, sold it and tried FZ1 for a short while. Buying hangover was almost instant, it didn't turn to the corners like she was used to :D
Then she bought the blue one and commented it as "the best touring bike", and I can agree with that. You just need some speed to get it exciting.
But have to give her thumbs up for that attitude. I wish there were more (young) women riding here, basically it's a legalized crime and riding season is short... well last July I remember +8 degrees weather and couple years back it snowed on week of Midsummer (a big celebration on second last week of June).

Here's a picture from today, some young chap has done the winter preparing correctly :lol:

Redjj
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: MT-09 2018

Post by Redjj »

Hi and welcome - some great pics and you're clearly enjoying the bike when you can - you need a trip over here - plenty of "young" women bikers

Just reply to people who post back to you - even if its just a 'thanks', you'll soon get to 20 posts
Alis volat propriis
jompy

Post by jompy »

Ha ha ha love that pic of the snowed in bike :doh:
I think you'd best move over here , we complain about the weather but it's better than yours :whistle:
R1Clarky
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 5JJ

Post by R1Clarky »

welcome in m8 - keep them posts coming ;-)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Treat everyone with respect unless they prove themselves to be Unworthy :-)
polar
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: FJR 1300, MT10SP

Post by polar »

Hi Valtteri and welcome.

Im new here too only joined in december but ive found this is a brilliant forum with loads of info and great people. Great pics :D
jompy

Post by jompy »

polar wrote:Hi Valtteri and welcome.

Im new here too only joined in december but ive found this is a brilliant forum with loads of info and great people. Great pics :D
Mark your not new anymore mate , look at your avatar ---------->
You've been here a while and your a donator ;)
Squbbe
Lurker

Post by Squbbe »

jompy wrote:I think you'd best move over here , we complain about the weather but it's better than yours :whistle:
We had a genuine English teacher here, I asked her hows the weather like in Britain, is it really raining or foggy all the time, she just said no no :lol:
Went to Alps by car last summer and I thought the +30-35 degrees in northern Italy is the best weather for me 8-)
Boz
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1M + R1 4C8

Post by Boz »

Hi Squbbe nice bike, I still love my 4C8 and have spent a lot of time getting it to how I want it, and still have the original parts and panels to put it back to standard red and white.

I have the Ventura luggage rack and bags for my 4C8 it's a great bit of kit find it below. :)

https://www.ventura-bike.co.uk/fitments ... 1_w_x.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Live life in the fastish lane
Horus-222_R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1 - 14B/E

Newbie from Finland

Post by Horus-222_R1 »

jompy wrote: Contaminate away , we all talk crap anyway ;)
ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by Horus-222_R1 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012 & yellow - must be one of those anni's.
Horus-222_R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1 - 14B/E

Post by Horus-222_R1 »

Welcome in fella.

Sure you can think of 20 things to say. You don’t have to write an essay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
2012 & yellow - must be one of those anni's.