Diagnostics system

New to the forum? Then say hello here
bassawanna
Bike Make & Model: yamaha r1 2017
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Diagnostics system

Post by bassawanna »

Hi all, I'm new to this but i'm looking for some advice.
I've got a 2017 yamaha r1, which i have fitted it with an akrapovic decat link pipe and had it on a dyno, but ever since then the engine management light came on.
I was wondering if anyone knew how to access the on board diagnostics system so i can reset the fault code. I have looked on other forums but all I could find is info on a 2015 r1 but its based in the usa and i've tried it and doesn't work

jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Re: Diagnostics system

Post by jompy »

Welcome in Ben
Thanks for writing a newbie post , a lot of the 2CR owners don't hang around the rest of the forum much so you may get a quicker reply in the 2CR section .
I can guarantee someone will be able to help you and if not try Miker1 in the Velox racing section .
Good luck buddy
Boz
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1M + R1 4C8

Re: Diagnostics system

Post by Boz »

bassawanna wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:45 pm Hi all, I'm new to this but i'm looking for some advice.
I've got a 2017 yamaha r1, which i have fitted it with an akrapovic decat link pipe and had it on a dyno, but ever since then the engine management light came on.
I was wondering if anyone knew how to access the on board diagnostics system so i can reset the fault code. I have looked on other forums but all I could find is info on a 2015 r1 but its based in the usa and i've tried it and doesn't work
Hi mate, if you've removed the exup valve motor have you plugged an exup eliminator in, as you will get a light on the dash if not. Also if the bike has been started and run with the wheels off the floor this can cause a dash error, just ride it and that should clear it.

Have a look in the service section there is a service manual in there, and I think the owners manual. You will find how to access the fault codes then. :)
Live life in the fastish lane