New to the forum? Then say hello here
Super SixTwo
Lurker
Bike Make & Model: 5PW R1
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fairing screw kit

Post by Super SixTwo »

Hi guys. I’m brand new to the group, picked up a 02 5PW the other day in black and silver. I want to tidy up the bike, the guy I bought it from wasn’t that bothered! I’m looking for a kit to replace all the Allen bolts on the fairings. I’ve seen loads on EBay but I don’t know which is the best to get. Can someone advise please? Thanks in advance👍🏻

jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Re: Fairing screw kit

Post by jompy »

Super six two is going down !
We have a blackhawk going down !

Sorry couldn't help myself :doh:
And anyway it was super six one :whistle:

Welcome in Brendan
Hope you enjoy the forum :clap:
I can't help you other than to say buy them individually from fowler's as I don't have any fairings :whistle:
Someone who's actually some help will be calling soon to help you buddy ;)
Danf1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 4c8,4xv

Post by Danf1 »

jompy wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:44 am
We have a blackhawk going down !

Sorry couldn't help myself :doh:
And anyway it was super six one :whistle:

Welcome in Brendan
Hope you enjoy the forum :clap:
I can't help you other than to say buy them individually from fowler's as I don't have any fairings :whistle:
Someone who's actually some help will be calling soon to help you buddy ;)
Are you actively trying to frighten off new members now Jompy!!
Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

Hi Brendan i see you’ve already met our care in the community project Jompy ignore him he’s only got half a bike!! if you want original parts try partzilla in the states reasonable postage etc. Welcome in.
R1Clarky
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 5JJ

Post by R1Clarky »

welcome in pal - advice as above & jompy is 'speshul' but the place wouldn't be the same without him - join in m8 and get some pics up of yer new ride :-)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Treat everyone with respect unless they prove themselves to be Unworthy :-)
jompy

Post by jompy »

Danf1 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:11 pm

Are you actively trying to frighten off new members now Jompy!!
It would make my job easier :think:
jayj
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: R6, 1190A, cbr400rr

Post by jayj »

It’s like being part of a club, er, kinda like an after school club where all the special kids end up, scary at first but I found most fit in quite well ( I think Jompy is the rig leader)
Welcome me in bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yamah R6 - 2007, just right as it is (SC can makes a nice noise)
KTM 1190 - All the extras, full bashplate and bars, Akro, and the wife likes it too...
2013 R1 - 14b - Gilles, decat, modified cans, asv's, 50th anniversary - Lorenzo paint job
Two Brothers cans and some carbon guards (now gone)
Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

jayj wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:56 pm It’s like being part of a club, er, kinda like an after school club where all the special kids end up, scary at first but I found most fit in quite well ( I think Jompy is the rig leader)
Welcome me in bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you explain it like that I know why I fit in ! I’m special! :P But not quite as special as the jompster cos no one can be :lol:
polar
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: FJR 1300, MT10SP

Post by polar »

Have a look a Fowlers for the genuine ones and see how the add up price wise before considering a screw pack off ebay
Horus-222_R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1 - 14B/E

Post by Horus-222_R1 »

Welcome in mate and good luck with the bolts.
If you have any left over send them to Jompy so he can put the rest of his bike back on.
2012 & yellow - must be one of those anni's.
chris954
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: yamaha R1 14B

Post by chris954 »

take em out, put them in an electric drill and use a bit of fine wet and dry or wire wool to clean them up.
Super SixTwo
Lurker

Post by Super SixTwo »

😂😂😂I actually have to come to Jompy’s Defence here and say he’s actually bang on!!! In the early days of the internet I needed a handle for Twitter. I had just watched Black Hawk(for the 4th or 5th time!) and initially wanted Super SixFour but that was gone so I settled on Super SixTwo!! So top marks to Jompy, please form an orderly queue to apologise to him😂😜 Now, back to topic!! Anyone got a number or web address for Fowler’s please? Oh and thanks for all the welcome message, ye’re a nice bunch really😜
Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

Super SixTwo wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:24 pm 😂😂😂I actually have to come to Jompy’s Defence here and say he’s actually bang on!!! In the early days of the internet I needed a handle for Twitter. I had just watched Black Hawk(for the 4th or 5th time!) and initially wanted Super SixFour but that was gone so I settled on Super SixTwo!! So top marks to Jompy, please form an orderly queue to apologise to him😂😜 Now, back to topic!! Anyone got a number or web address for Fowler’s please? Oh and thanks for all the welcome message, ye’re a nice bunch really😜
O hell we’ve got another one on Jompys level RUN AWAY ahhhhhhhhh!! ;)
Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

chris954 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:43 pm take em out, put them in an electric drill and use a bit of fine wet and dry or wire wool to clean them up.
Just tried this on mine used Tcut on a cloth worked really well just put the cloth in a vice dont hold it!! no point in polishing it if you can’t ride anymore.
Sorry that’s just my HSE risk assessment kicking in (still have nightmares about the last apprentice). :doh: :doh:
jompy

Post by jompy »

Super SixTwo wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:24 pm 😂😂😂I actually have to come to Jompy’s Defence here and say he’s actually bang on!!! In the early days of the internet I needed a handle for Twitter. I had just watched Black Hawk(for the 4th or 5th time!) and initially wanted Super SixFour but that was gone so I settled on Super SixTwo!! So top marks to Jompy, please form an orderly queue to apologise to him😂😜 Now, back to topic!! Anyone got a number or web address for Fowler’s please? Oh and thanks for all the welcome message, ye’re a nice bunch really😜
I like you already :handgestures-thumbupright: :lol:
But have you read the book ? :think:

Fowler's
https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/browser/ ... rer/yamaha
For the more expensive stuff you'll have to take in to account postage and import (if HMRC notices you) but partzilla are good

https://www.partzilla.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQ ... hhEALw_wcB
Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

jompy wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:49 pm

Fowler's
For the more expensive stuff you'll have to take in to account postage and import (if HMRC notices you) but partzilla are good

The book made me cry. Anyone who thinks war is cool should read it.
jompy

Post by jompy »

Danf1 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:07 pm

Fowler's

The book is an excellent read , over the fact that it's taken from accounts from both sides and listed some of the causes of why it happened and why the peacekeeping forces especially the Americans were so dispised .
What a waste of life and what a lack of understanding of another countries culture !
It's a bit of a hard read but Bowden has certainly done his homework .
Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

jompy wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:29 pm
Danf1 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:07 pm

Fowler's

The book is an excellent read , over the fact that it's taken from accounts from both sides and listed some of the causes of why it happened and why the peacekeeping forces especially the Americans were so dispised .
What a waste of life and what a lack of understanding of another countries culture !
It's a bit of a hard read but Bowden has certainly done his homework .
Yes it was put together by using soldiers own accounts of the events. I thought the film was a fairly good representation of the book. Well as far as a Hollywood blockbusters can be anyway.
jompy

Post by jompy »

Danf1 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:06 pm
Yes it was put together by using soldiers own accounts of the events. I thought the film was a fairly good representation of the book. Well as far as a Hollywood blockbusters can be anyway.
Yep I agree
I think if theyd have tried to put the intensity that's in the book people would have said it was Hollywood bigging it up
Super SixTwo
Lurker

Post by Super SixTwo »

I haven’t read the book actually but it’s going on my “to read” list.
Now, I must say that I’m in my 40’s and I was only 3-4 when one of my older brothers bought his first bike, and another brother commutes daily on a bike and I’ve had a few myself over the years. I’ve ridden other litre bikes, blades, RSV, Gixxers, Kwaks....but sweet Jesus does the R1 accelerate faster than the Starship Enterprise!!!!! I actually thought that the previous owner had changed the rear sprocket to a bigger one and that my speedo was wrong!!! So yesterday I got a buddy to drive infront of me and he gave me the thumbs up at 60 and 100. And of course my speedo matched up!! In one sense it’s great that I don’t have to go off and buy new sprockets but in another sense the apparent lack of feeling of speed worries me!! What did everyone else think of their first time on an R1?
jompy

Post by jompy »

My first time was on a streetfightered Exup and after the CRM250 it felt like riding a fucking whale !
The Exup dear don't have a review counter and i didn't have a clue :shhh:
The next thou was a GSXR1100k streetfighter and I was really disappointed , not impressed at all ! Seemed like all noise and no go . I took the GSXR out again a few months later but this time in the daylight . Anyway i wasn't impressed untill I squinted at the fucking hard to read rev counter , I was only at 5000rpm :o so I knocked it down one :dance:
It was like an intercontinental ballistic fucking missile !
The half-one was another learning curve ! I wrapped my bollocksxa few times on the tank giving it too much in first :lol:
My mate with the Exup took the half-one for a spin (on track of cause) and said he thought his Exup was quicker but at 90 on the Exup you knew you were doing it and the thing would start to rattle and vibrate but on the half-one it was smooth and easy until he had to brake from 140 and then the thing juddered and shuck like f**k ! Maybe I should have mentioned the warped disks before he took it out :whistle: never really bothered me :think: but took his point and invested in a set of galfers :dance:
Yep they're mental . . . Scares me when the guys go on about the new litre bikes :o
Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

Took the demo out from fowlups in Cardiff at 10am on a Sunday morning took it back at 3.55pm salesman was shitting himself. But that was it I didn’t want to give it back ended up buying that actual demo bike. Still got it.
newsh
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: R1 2015

Post by newsh »

Danf1 wrote:Took the demo out from fowlups in Cardiff at 10am on a Sunday morning took it back at 3.55pm salesman was shitting himself. But that was it I didn’t want to give it back ended up buying that actual demo bike. Still got it.
That’s a great story! Image
Old enough to know better.