Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Get my first r1 Saturday

Post by Tinytom »

Danf1 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 6:38 pm
jompy wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:19 pm
Tinytom wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:00 pm
jompy wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:03 pm
Danf1 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:59 pm It’s a cracking bike. But be warned it goes bat sh!t crazy at about 9500 rpm. It’s a real hoot. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
If it's not been remapped then look in to it as it can really smooth out the power delivery and let rid of the injection lag , also you can have the throttle restrictions removed from the first 3 gears I think it is .
Beautiful looking 4c8 that :handgestures-thumbupright:
Sounds like a plan, is there any obvious way of telling if it’s been remapped before? I’m guessing not unless someone who’s rode a standard bike and remapped has a ride for me.
What are the restrictions in the first 3 years on, the throttle position?
Quite often there's a sticker or writing on the ECU . As for the restrictions I'm not 100% sure but there was a post about it somewhere , sorry I can't be more forthcoming than that .
You have a few choices if you do go for a re-map !
A) r1Mike does a bloody good mail order re-map and at around £150 (last time I looked ) it's a bargain , r1Mike owns Yamahar and Velox racing which is in the forum sponsors .
B) you find somewhere that has a Dyno and can re-map , there's a fair few around the country .

Mine arrived this week. 8-) With cans on and cat removed the throttle open to closed and open again is a bit switchy it’s not that bad but after a while you’ll want it sorted also if it’s not mapped the midrange is “ok” but not mental then at 9500rpm it lifts the front wheel in 2nd and 3rd at full throttle (normally when your trying to pass something :doh: ) but it’s a cracking ride :D and if the cats still fitted it’s less noticeable.
Sounds great I do like a good wheelie, is there any way of telling if it’s got a decat pipe fitted? It’s got the delklevic (think that’s correct) tail pipes, I’m not sure about the rest of the exhaust system

jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Post by jompy »

If it has a cat Where the 4 downpipes go bro one they'll be a big ugly box and then the two tail pipes come out , if theres no cat then it'll go 4 into 2
Danf1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 4c8,4xv

Post by Danf1 »

The cat is the vertical piece of exhaust behind your right leg and covered by a shield it gets very very hot and stays hot if it’s missing as Jompy said it’s just a piece of exhaust pipe that y’s in to the end cans. Look on eBay for cats and de cat pipes it will then be obvious what your looking for.
newsh
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: R1 2015

Get my first r1 Saturday

Post by newsh »

Horus-222_R1 wrote:
jompy wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:46 pm
I was procrastinating so you beat me too it Image
.... Still - leave's you more time to come up with fekkin great big words. Googled it and I'm still confused! Image
I was going to look it up in the dictionary but decided to leave it till tomorrow Image
Old enough to know better.
jompy

Post by jompy »

So come on then !
Where are the pics :lol:
Horus-222_R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1 - 14B/E

Post by Horus-222_R1 »

jompy wrote:So come on then !
Still out on it I reckon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
2012 & yellow - must be one of those anni's.
jompy

Post by jompy »

Horus-222_R1 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 7:43 pm

Think your right :handgestures-thumbupright:
Tinytom
Lurker
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha r1

Post by Tinytom »

jompy wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 7:45 pm
Horus-222_R1 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 7:43 pm

Think your right :handgestures-thumbupright:
Didn’t take any pics today I was too busy riding, I’ll get a few tomorrow I’m off out for the day.
The only thing I can say is wow, what a machine it’s the first litre sports bike I’ve ridden, had a gsxr750 about 8 years ago but I can’t remember it being anything like this, totally different beast.
It seems to run great, power wheelies in first 3, even had the front wanting to lift at around 130 over a crest, exhillerating borderline scary id say
I had a new rear tyre fitted to the bike so was trying to take it steady but the old adrenaline kicked in and had a proper blast out.
One slight problem is the delkevic pipes are really really loud, in fact they resonate through your helmet at idle and low rpms to the point it’s u comfortable so I’ll be wearing ear plugs tomorrow
jompy

Post by jompy »

Tinytom wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:28 pm

Didn’t take any pics today I was too busy riding, I’ll get a few tomorrow I’m off out for the day.
The only thing I can say is wow, what a machine it’s the first litre sports bike I’ve ridden, had a gsxr750 about 8 years ago but I can’t remember it being anything like this, totally different beast.
It seems to run great, power wheelies in first 3, even had the front wanting to lift at around 130 over a crest, exhillerating borderline scary id say
I had a new rear tyre fitted to the bike so was trying to take it steady but the old adrenaline kicked in and had a proper blast out.
One slight problem is the delkevic pipes are really really loud, in fact they resonate through your helmet at idle and low rpms to the point it’s u comfortable so I’ll be wearing ear plugs tomorrow
Glad your happy with it mate :dance:
Tinytom
Lurker
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha r1

Post by Tinytom »

Anyone here run the delkevics? They sound nice and loads of pops and bangs on the over run but f**k a duck my ears are literally ringing now