New to the forum? Then say hello here
spannerz
Lurker
Bike Make & Model: bmw s1000r
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by spannerz »

joined forum for information and help currently just sold my s1000r and want to try a big bang r1 an itch I need to scratch! loved the looks noise etc.
hopefully be on here for many years :dance:

thanks

Chinny
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 2010 YZFR1 14B

Re: newbie

Post by Chinny »

Which one you after?? The 14b/e or the newer model?? A few of the guys have had both and I'm sure they'll be along with their views on them both.

New one is in a different class from the original banger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spannerz
Lurker

Post by spannerz »

cheers for reply 2009/2010 back to old school saving money basically! all newer bikes over predecessors are a lot better ! well the ones ive ridden. never ever ridden any big bang ! look awesome!
j and s in Doncaster have to new r1s with engines both gone bang sat in workshop! I know service manager and that's not the only ones ive heard gone bang so to be honest hoping older one is ok
jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Post by jompy »

Welcome in Geoff
The 14b is meant to be a great bike but can be different to ride so a test ride is a must . also the early 14bs could be a bit hit and miss with the Power , some can seem a little flat apparently so again a test ride is a must . A flash or re-map will also sort out the slow speed hunting and give you a motor how it should have been out the factory with out all the emission controls throttling it .
Enjoy the forum
spannerz
Lurker

Post by spannerz »

thanks for the reply appreciated! last older bike I had was a ktm rc8 did 50,000 mile then big ends started to go aslong as its capable of good mileage ill be happy!
polar
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: FJR 1300, MT10SP

Post by polar »

Hi and welcome to the forum - hope you get your itch scratched - you will find they are are a really great bunch on here and only to happy to help.
Redjj
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: MT-09 2018

Post by Redjj »

Hi and welcome loads of advice on here as you may already have found out.

Good luck with the bike search
Alis volat propriis
Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M

Post by Steve R1 »

Hi mate, I’ve replied to your other thread, I’ve owned three big bangs, as Jompy says test ride them, that’s what I said in my other reply to you, the early ones were either good or bad, I got a bad one but my next one was awesome until I got nicked off, then came the 14be, she was great.

Yamaha engine go on and on... just like the Duracell bunny.... I got over 65k out of my 5vy, and 45k our of my 4c8, no mechanical problems just serviced as per Yamaha recommendation..... never had any mechanical issues with the bangers either.

They are a different bike to ride, very different to the previous R1’s some people can get along with them, others find them impossible... so again test rides are important here. If you can get on with them, they are a very very rewarding bike to ride, they steer like a supertanker and have to be muscled into the corners, they are a physically big bike and heavy but they don’t arf shift.

Mine in the rain Image

[URL]https://youtu.be/Um7HQ7_GBfo[\URL]

Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
r1Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bike Make & Model: R1 2CR,14B,4XV

Post by r1Mike »

I have the 14B 2009 and the 2CR 2016, former is a great road bike, the later is a better track bike.

Love them both, the sound and the looks, the 14B gets more looks than the 2016 if they are parked up together ! still cannot figure that one out at all, I think it's cos it is a black one.
-------------
2016 R1 - Spark Ti Decat/end can, FTecu flash & Blipper. ActiveTune, carbon wheels
2006 R1 - ProjectBike
1998 R1 - Stock
1994 NSR250se MC28 HRC ignition card, derestricted for full power.
All parts supplied by us - http://www.veloxracing.com
spannerz
Lurker

Post by spannerz »

thanks again guys for replys , I know im gonna love this bike its going to be involving my bmw was no fun just clinical!
Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M

Post by Steve R1 »

spannerz wrote:thanks again guys for replys , I know im gonna love this bike its going to be involving my bmw was no fun just clinical!

If your BMW was clinical.... you really will love the R1..... I had hondas Image for years, good bikes, almost a jack of all trades. But didn’t excel.... as you said.... clinical.... got my first R1.... never looked back Image

Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
spannerz
Lurker

Post by spannerz »

that's what im hoping steve loved my rc8 and my aprilia but bmw was so good it was boring!!!