New to the forum? Then say hello here
cameron13
Lurker
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha r1 4xv
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

4xv paRTS FOR SALE

Post by cameron13 »

Hello, im Cameron new to the forum. I was wondering, does anybody want a set of dymag ca5 4xv 5jj 5pw. Also for same have a set of forks just serviced calipers top and bottom yokes.

R1Clarky
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 5JJ

Re: 4xv paRTS FOR SALE

Post by R1Clarky »

dude your newbie post is meant to introduce yerself proper so we can all get to know you a bit - bike/biking history etc :-) then after that ya can try & punt yer wares ;-) :-)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Treat everyone with respect unless they prove themselves to be Unworthy :-)
jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Post by jompy »

Hi Cameron
As Clarky says it's good etiquette to introduce yourself here first before selling stuff , there is a "for sale" section and it has a minimum of 15 (ithink it's 15) posts before you can post in there to stop people from just coming on here and selling stuff
cameron13
Lurker

Post by cameron13 »

sorry never been on a forum before im 53 been riding bikes since i was 12 first road bike lc250 then 350 did abit of proddie racing had loads of bikes mostly gsx gsxr got a fantastic k1 really nice superstock and my r1 its an extt bike spondon altered frame the head stock been moved closer to the frame and spondon arm v m engine kicks out 156 onthe back wheel also 39 flatslides racefit pipe sounds assume and ive had it since 2004 and wll never sell her theres just something about her when you sit in her it just feels right the gsxr a better bike but that r1 just special hope all this bollocks sounds right one other thing its an akai rep colour scheme to the bloke putting the radial frontend on you need the front wheel and discs you can use your yokes but not the 4xv wheel just done that conversion on mine oh mud guard aswell
cameron13
Lurker

Post by cameron13 »

sorry never been on a forum before im 53 been riding bikes since i was 12 first road bike lc250 then 350 did abit of proddie racing had loads of bikes mostly gsx gsxr got a fantastic k1 really nice superstock and my r1 its an extt bike spondon altered frame the head stock been moved closer to the frame and spondon arm v m engine kicks out 156 onthe back wheel also 39 flatslides racefit pipe sounds assume and ive had it since 2004 and wll never sell her theres just something about her when you sit in her it just feels right the gsxr a better bike but that r1 just special hope all this bollocks sounds right one other thing its an akai rep colour scheme to the bloke putting the radial frontend on you need the front wheel and discs you can use your yokes but not the 4xv wheel just done that conversion on mine oh mud guard aswell

cameron13
Lurker

Post by cameron13 »

cameron13
Lurker

Post by cameron13 »

do i have to go on that lads question about radial frontend for him to see it its easy just make sure you have front paddock stand makes life so much easier
jompy

Post by jompy »

Hey Cameron
That's a great intro mate and some nice bikes 👍
I hope you enjoy the forum and if you need any help just give me or one of the guys a shout .
Please join in and enjoy
R1Clarky
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 5JJ

Post by R1Clarky »

nice pics m8, i also had 250 & 350lc's before moving on to bigger stuff - one day one o' them racefits will come up cheap enough for me to justify a purchase as i also think they sound the dogs danglies :-)

Treat everyone with respect unless they prove themselves to be Unworthy :-)
cameron13
Lurker

Post by cameron13 »

i dont know if these texts are going through im not to hot on a computer right got it wewere just talking about lc today they where the dogs bollocks wish i d kept mind especially with all the kit you can get now have you seen 70 80s restoration site you can put them up to 500 cc
Moise
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 4xv

Post by Moise »

cameron13 wrote:Hello, im Cameron new to the forum. I was wondering, does anybody want a set of dymag ca5 4xv 5jj 5pw. Also for same have a set of forks just serviced calipers top and bottom yokes.
What's been done to the forks or are they standard?
"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

1999 4xv in blue
cameron13
Lurker

Post by cameron13 »

Moise wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:23 pm
cameron13 wrote:Hello, im Cameron new to the forum. I was wondering, does anybody want a set of dymag ca5 4xv 5jj 5pw. Also for same have a set of forks just serviced calipers top and bottom yokes.
What's been done to the forks or are they standard?
sorry for the delay its a complete front end folks yokes calipers and the folks are standard just been serviced oil seals etc and are standard and excellent condition
Rednine
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: S1000rr Sport

Post by Rednine »

Hi Cameron, I'm getting a bit puffed reading your posts! ;) Nice looking parts though.
You don't stop riding bikes because you're old -you get old because you stop riding bikes.
cameron13
Lurker

Post by cameron13 »

does anyone know if the first underseat exhaust r1rear wheel fits into a 4xv before i start removing things will i need spacers etc
jompy

Post by jompy »

Yes you'll need spacers and maybe a different rear caliper bracket , not done it myself but people on here have
2002r1jon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bike Make & Model: Yam R1 5PW and BMW
It’s my birthday

Post by 2002r1jon »

Later wheel will need the spacers to match and a 5pw caliper and bracket

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway
cameron13
Lurker

Post by cameron13 »

jompy wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:31 pm Yes you'll need spacers and maybe a different rear caliper bracket , not done it myself but people on here have
cheers for that i have both sets of spacers and calipers off both so hopefully that will
do i tried to keep the front dymag for the radial front end but its about 6mm off and could nt space it in so that was it dymag said they could machine the wheel but 500 quid so the 5 spoke oe are going on hence dymags for sale
cameron13
Lurker

Post by cameron13 »

2002r1jon wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:11 pm Later wheel will need the spacers to match and a 5pw caliper and bracket

cheers for that i have both sets of spacers and calipers off both so hopefully that will
do i tried to keep the front dymag for the radial front end but its about 6mm off and could nt space it in so that was it dymag said they could machine the wheel but 500 quid so the 5 spoke oe are going on hence dymags for sale
cameron13
Lurker

Post by cameron13 »

as i have parts for sale how do you put them on site also how do you do the profile
jompy

Post by jompy »

cameron13 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:01 pm as i have parts for sale how do you put them on site also how do you do the profile
Hiya buddy , if you have enough posts (15 i think) you can go to the for sale section and start your own thread with price :handgestures-thumbupright:
cameron13
Lurker

Post by cameron13 »

jompy wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:00 pm
cameron13 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:01 pm as i have parts for sale how do you put them on site also how do you do the profile
Hiya buddy , if you have enough posts (15 i think) you can go to the for sale section and start your own thread with price :handgestures-thumbupright:
cheers brother i only can get on thurs fri at work its good to see mc adams yamaha do the double although i ve got a real soft spot for the build base team i f any body knows how much do you think i should put up the dymags for there off a 4xv its that long since i ve sold a set als where the best place for race tail units the lad who did them round here gone