MrGman
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: 60th R1
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hello.....

Post by MrGman »

Hi All,

Just a quick hello as I'll probably be asking a few questions and having a good look through the forums as i pick up a 60th R1 this Saturday.

I've swapped in a Street Triple RS and Daytona 675R for the R1 after having ridden a few on track and really falling for it, just hope i can live with it on the road as i do enjoy a Sunday morning blast.

Also got a Xmax300 but that's just a tool for my commute, still two Yams in the garage soon :D

MrGman

jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Re: Hello.....

Post by jompy »

Welcome in Gareth
Those Annie's look great , hope you enjoy the forum bud . The more you put in to the forum the more you get out :handgestures-thumbupright:
NoExpert
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 2014 YZF-R1

Post by NoExpert »

jompy wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:03 pm Welcome in Gareth
Those Annie's look great , hope you enjoy the forum bud . The more you put in to the forum the more you get out :handgestures-thumbupright:
Welcome in Gareth! Definitely ask all the questions you have, even if they’re not bike related. We all share our bike and daily lives in here. We’re a small bunch, but there’s a lot of knowledge in the group and most are more than happy to help online and in person if they’re local. I’ve been fortunate enough to meet a few members in person and they’ve all been wonderful.

Jompy is absolutely right about how the forum works. I joined about two years ago I think while still in California. My wife and I just moved to the UK in May and the people in here have gone above and beyond to help us. If you let it, this goes further just a forum, much more like family. Jompy is the weird uncle you have to keep an eye on, but he’s a great guy.

Post up pics of your R1, we like pictures, easier to “read”.
2014 R1 1KB RAPID RED

A friend will help you move, a true friend will help you move a dead body.
polar
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: FJR 1300, MT10SP

Post by polar »

hi ya mate you will like it this lot - good guys and at least one girl maybe more
R1Clarky
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 5JJ

Post by R1Clarky »

welcome in pal - go on get some pics up & join in :-)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Treat everyone with respect unless they prove themselves to be Unworthy :-)
Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M

Post by Steve R1 »

Welcome to the forum Gareth, you didn’t own a CBR Fsport years ago did you and your wife a silver CBR? Also were you a frequent visitor to the California super bike school and ended up as an instructor?

If so I know you from years back on the CBR forum

Anyway if I’m mistaken please accept my apologies

Welcome to the forum, the newR1’s are an amazing bike

Welcome

Stephen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
jompy

Post by jompy »

NoExpert wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:46 am
Welcome in Gareth! Definitely ask all the questions you have, even if they’re not bike related. We all share our bike and daily lives in here. We’re a small bunch, but there’s a lot of knowledge in the group and most are more than happy to help online and in person if they’re local. I’ve been fortunate enough to meet a few members in person and they’ve all been wonderful.

Jompy is absolutely right about how the forum works. I joined about two years ago I think while still in California. My wife and I just moved to the UK in May and the people in here have gone above and beyond to help us. If you let it, this goes further just a forum, much more like family. Jompy is the weird uncle you have to keep an eye on, but he’s a great guy.

What like Uncle Fester ?
NoExpert
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 2014 YZF-R1

Post by NoExpert »

jompy wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:24 pm

What like Uncle Fester ?
If Unlce Fester had a weird uncle, that’d be you. :D
2014 R1 1KB RAPID RED

A friend will help you move, a true friend will help you move a dead body.
MrGman
Been Here a While

Post by MrGman »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, just counting down the days now..

@Steve R1, certainly not me i'm afraid.
Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

MrGman wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome guys, just counting down the days now..

@Steve R1, certainly not me i'm afraid.
No worries mate... it was your sign on name that got me thinking.... my mistake...

Welcome... and boy you will love your new bike... been out on mine today.... god... she is awesome.... so smooth, always in the right gear for the speed, not having to slip the clutch negotiating junctions.... a truly awesome bike.... despite her having me at the controls... lol ... seriously.... these R1’s are a truly amazing bit of kit.... I felt at home as soon as I cocked my leg over her for the first time....she is my sixth R1 and by far the best bike I’ve ever owned or ridden Image

Danf1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 4c8,4xv

Post by Danf1 »

NoExpert wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:19 pm
jompy wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:24 pm

What like Uncle Fester ?
If Unlce Fester had a weird uncle, that’d be you. :D
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
MrGman
Been Here a While

Post by MrGman »

I’m really looking forward to it, I’ve ridden a 15 R1, 18 R1 and R1m at brands gp thanks to the Yamaha pro tour. Absolutely loved it and knew I wanted one.
The only part I’m not looking forward to is getting rid of my Daytona, especially after 3 amazing days at Brno last month.

Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

I must admit I had second thoughts .... should I.... shouldn’t I .... buy my M .....

I applied for one in 2015 and was unlucky... but I was successful inn2016.... the thing is .... I didn’t know if I wanted the bike.... my dealer was great.... they said I could make up my mind when the bike was delivered.... Christ I changed my mind, yes I’m having it... no I don’t want it ... countless times.... thankfully they were patient.... they know me...

In the end the bike arrived.... I still wasn’t 100% sure and they gave me a couple of weeks to mull it over....

Eventually I said yeah I having this bike.... and to be honest.... I’ve never looked back... she is by far gd bedtime I’ve ever owned and she is the last bike I will ever buy (yeah I’m old) ... but not for that reason... I really could not buy a bike that is better suited to me than my R1M .... she is as perfect as my wife

MrGman
Been Here a While

Post by MrGman »

I was actually quite astonished with the difference between the R1 and M, looked at getting a M but I’d like a 18 which is a lot of money so thought I’d try the 60th for a year see how I get on with it as a road bike as well and if it’s for me then maybe look out for a M next year. Always loved the look of the 60th :)
jompy

Post by jompy »

Steve R1 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:35 pm I must admit I had second thoughts .... should I.... shouldn’t I .... buy my M .....

I applied for one in 2015 and was unlucky... but I was successful inn2016.... the thing is .... I didn’t know if I wanted the bike.... my dealer was great.... they said I could make up my mind when the bike was delivered.... Christ I changed my mind, yes I’m having it... no I don’t want it ... countless times.... thankfully they were patient.... they know me...

In the end the bike arrived.... I still wasn’t 100% sure and they gave me a couple of weeks to mull it over....

Eventually I said yeah I having this bike.... and to be honest.... I’ve never looked back... she is by far gd bedtime I’ve ever owned and she is the last bike I will ever buy (yeah I’m old) ... but not for that reason... I really could not buy a bike that is better suited to me than my R1M .... she is as perfect as my wife Image

Yes we remember it well :lol:
MrGman
Been Here a While

Post by MrGman »

Picked it up today, it’s the first time I’d actually seen it, I was a little worried what the bike was going to be like but everything adds up and it’s in great condition.
I’ve only ridden it briefly this afternoon but I think I’m going to like it :)
jompy

Post by jompy »

Thats sweet bud :handgestures-thumbupright:
MrGman
Been Here a While

Post by MrGman »

They look so much better in the flesh, got a tailtidy, footrest delete plates and a seat cowl to go on tomorrow as I won’t be riding it unless they’ve got the forecast completely wrong.
Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

She looks stunning mate.... enjoy your new awesome toy

Boz
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1M + R1 4C8

Post by Boz »

Welcome aboard Gareth the Anniversary is a cracking looking bike.

I took the passenger footrests off my M, but didn't bother with the blanking plates as I don't think they are really needed.
Live life in the fastish lane
MrGman
Been Here a While

Post by MrGman »

Totally loving the bike, before I decided on the bike I had ridden the S1000rr as everyone rates it as the better road bike, and i guess to a certain degree i'd agree, but on the right roads the R1 is lovely, the noise is so so addictive, it's definitely a bike that when i ride i don't want to ever get off!
newsh
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: R1 2015

Post by newsh »

They are a fantastic bike. The Annie is certainly a looker
Old enough to know better.
jompy

Post by jompy »

Glad your enjoying it :handgestures-thumbupright: