Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: R1M
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hello all

Post by YammyR1M »

jompy wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:55 pm
YammyR1M wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:41 pm
Kylezx7r wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:21 pm You went from a mans bike that takes balls to a vaginal disorder bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Erm think you have that the wrong way round, HP4 is the easiest bike ive ever ridden. HP4 feels positively dated now compared to the R1. Gen3 S1krr is ok but doesn't excite its just german.
:lol:
Glad ive entertained you lol

Obviously its all my personal opinion, everybody has different tastes, that's why there are some weirdos that buy Kawasakis and Harleys

jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Post by jompy »

i wouldn't know mat i ride a 4xv thats never had the suspension serviced , i'm just waiting for kyle to bite as i know he's board :lol:
Danf1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 4c8,4xv

Post by Danf1 »

YammyR1M wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:41 pm
Kylezx7r wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:21 pm You went from a mans bike that takes balls to a vaginal disorder bike?

Erm think you have that the wrong way round, HP4 is the easiest bike ive ever ridden. HP4 feels positively dated now compared to the R1. Gen3 S1krr is ok but doesn't excite its just german.
😂😂😂😂😂😂
YammyR1M
Been Here a While

Post by YammyR1M »

Steve R1 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:38 am Welcome to the forum Chris, you won’t be disappointed with your choice of the M, mine is bar far the best bike I have ever owned, she always puts a big grin in my face whenever I ride her or indeed see her when I open the garage

Welcome

Stephen

Oh and I second what Polar said, this is by far the best forum ever Image

Hi Steve, members have mentioned that you might be able to put my mind at ease.

Chris
Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

Hi Chris,

Sorry been a tad busy lately, I missed your question regarding the M on the road, thankfully good old Jompy PMd me...

As Clarky says I've only ridden my M on the road, indeed its the first bike I've had that hasn't been on track, and she isn't venturing out in track at all.

When I'm riding her I have to remind myself she has 198bhp because it is delivered in a very smooth way. Her throttle is perfectly precise for road riding, even on the bumpy bits heading up to Rivington Barn, the road is atrocious but keep a relaxing grip on the throttle and the suspension soaks up all the road can give.

The M is my sixth R1 and by far the best to ride on the road, I generally ride in throttle 1 suspension M2 (track setting road tyres) that's cos I've always had my bikes set up for track and I prefer the harder suspension, however when on a wet road or a particularly bumpy road, I will change down to power mode 2 and sometimes suspension M3 (road setting, road tyres)

I remember once going to meet a mate, it started raining heavily, I pulled up at a red traffic light, flicked the bike into power 2 and suspension M3 , we set off from the lights and the bike just glided along....perfectly composed.....

As Jompy said I did hum and ar a bit before I got this bike... I really could not make my mind up, I know now, she was the best purchase I've ever made, worth every penny.....

I really love the M, I find her so silky smooth, but I had had 7 years on the first Big Bang R1's, I had three of them, they were an awesome if somewhat difficult bike to ride, their throttle was very snatch and they did teach me delicate throttle control... even so I always had to slip the clutch negotiating junctions, the M doesn't need that at all, where I was slipping the clutch in the banger she is more than happy to go around on the throttle alone....

The electronic suspension you get on the M is perfect for me at 10st 2 lbs, the bike is so light, similar in size to my old R6 and so precise at steering, no under or over steer , she is totally at home in the corners and is as flickable as my R6, indeed Yamaha seem to have made an R1 to handle like a 600 but with the power of a litre bike..... perfect

The 6 to 7 month wait for your M will be worth it mate, and as they say in game of thrones.... "winter is coming" ... lol

My M is totally capable whether she is on the motorway, filtering through heavy traffic, on bumpy roads on the twisties or for long days out..... she is a totally rewarding ride...... I don't think I will ever buy another bike......but I am getting a tad long in the tooth 😀

Any other questions you have just ask away 😀
Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
YammyR1M
Been Here a While

Post by YammyR1M »

Steve R1 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:30 am Hi Chris,

Sorry been a tad busy lately, I missed your question regarding the M on the road, thankfully good old Jompy PMd me...

As Clarky says I've only ridden my M on the road, indeed its the first bike I've had that hasn't been on track, and she isn't venturing out in track at all.

When I'm riding her I have to remind myself she has 198bhp because it is delivered in a very smooth way. Her throttle is perfectly precise for road riding, even on the bumpy bits heading up to Rivington Barn, the road is atrocious but keep a relaxing grip on the throttle and the suspension soaks up all the road can give.

The M is my sixth R1 and by far the best to ride on the road, I generally ride in throttle 1 suspension M2 (track setting road tyres) that's cos I've always had my bikes set up for track and I prefer the harder suspension, however when on a wet road or a particularly bumpy road, I will change down to power mode 2 and sometimes suspension M3 (road setting, road tyres)

I remember once going to meet a mate, it started raining heavily, I pulled up at a red traffic light, flicked the bike into power 2 and suspension M3 , we set off from the lights and the bike just glided along....perfectly composed.....

As Jompy said I did hum and ar a bit before I got this bike... I really could not make my mind up, I know now, she was the best purchase I've ever made, worth every penny.....

I really love the M, I find her so silky smooth, but I had had 7 years on the first Big Bang R1's, I had three of them, they were an awesome if somewhat difficult bike to ride, their throttle was very snatch and they did teach me delicate throttle control... even so I always had to slip the clutch negotiating junctions, the M doesn't need that at all, where I was slipping the clutch in the banger she is more than happy to go around on the throttle alone....

The electronic suspension you get on the M is perfect for me at 10st 2 lbs, the bike is so light, similar in size to my old R6 and so precise at steering, no under or over steer , she is totally at home in the corners and is as flickable as my R6, indeed Yamaha seem to have made an R1 to handle like a 600 but with the power of a litre bike..... perfect

The 6 to 7 month wait for your M will be worth it mate, and as they say in game of thrones.... "winter is coming" ... lol

My M is totally capable whether she is on the motorway, filtering through heavy traffic, on bumpy roads on the twisties or for long days out..... she is a totally rewarding ride...... I don't think I will ever buy another bike......but I am getting a tad long in the tooth 😀

Any other questions you have just ask away 😀

Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for your reply that has really put my mind at ease and im 100% convinced now that the M is the bike for me!
As far as upgrades go im sticking to the Akra slip on that is available through Yamaha (the Titanium one), the Yamaha levers and lever protectors, the endurance screen, Yamaha curved frame sliders, and the billet rear sets. Im all ears if you think there are better mods to be had and not use the official Yamaha stuff. Also venture shield and bike trac will be installed.

As far as the wait is concerned ive found out there is a brand new unregistered machine at Padgets motorcycles near Wakefield, the only thing that concerns me is that its the only one in the country and why is it still available?, I have spoken to them on the phone and they have confirmed it is actually in stock and not just advertising garbage.

Once again I appreciate your advice so much and look forward to your reply.

Chris
jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Post by jompy »

Venture shield ?
YammyR1M
Been Here a While

Post by YammyR1M »

jompy wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:46 pmVenture shield ?

The clear protective film like a skin they put on the Bike to protect from chips and light scratches.

Chris
Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

Chris,

I added the stuff you have mentioned to my bike, all through Yamaha, I also added the engine case sliders which are beautifully machined from aluminium... all these bits and bobs are made fir Yamaha by Gilles and are top quality.

The only thins I regretted purchasing were the pillion peg blanking plates, you can't rally see the hole in the rear fairing left when pillion pegs are removed, and the fork / rear spindle protector as it looks top on one side and just a plastic knob on the other.

I also got a beautifully crafted tail tidy from evotech and their radiator and oil cooler guards. Also the same ackrapovic slip on as you, they really finish the bike off IMHO

Some pics of Vicky the M.... for some reason I can't post from the iPad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

Oh I didn’t bother fitting a tank pad, I let the venture shield protect it, as I think the brushed tank looks stunning... oh but I did fit stomp grip on the sides of the tank just to help with holding on Image

YammyR1M
Been Here a While

Post by YammyR1M »

Steve R1 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:22 am Image

Oh I didn’t bother fitting a tank pad, I let the venture shield protect it, as I think the brushed tank looks stunning... oh but I did fit stomp grip on the sides of the tank just to help with holding on Image

Hi,

Thanks again very informative and well received, do you find the Akra makes much difference to the sound over stock?

Love yours 😍