New to the forum? Then say hello here
EddieR1
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: 2016 R1
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New R1 Owner

Post by EddieR1 »

Hi folks, stumbled across the site looking for info and manuals for my new R1.

Just bought a 2016 R1, going to be track only so has been stripped and rebuilt to Superstock regs.

Off to Portimao in a few weeks to give it a decent first run out. Ran out of cash so will be in stealth black for a while, hopefully will end up a YART Bol d'Or 20th Anniversary replica.

ColinBR
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: 2015 Yamaha R1

Re: New R1 Owner

Post by ColinBR »

Hi Eddie

Welcome to the forum. Bikes looking good as is in stealth mode, though have to agree that the endurance scheme looks mint.
Boz
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1M + R1 4C8

Post by Boz »

Welcome aboard Eddie that's a nice R1.

You have a lathe in your garage, I'm jealous!! :)
Live life in the fastish lane
Tastyturbodog
Bike Make & Model: R1

Post by Tastyturbodog »

Hi Eddie, hope you have a great time in Portimao. Take care
Danf1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 4c8,4xv

Post by Danf1 »

Hi Eddie, welcome bike looks mean and purposeful in black👍
jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Post by jompy »

Welcome in Chris
Hope you enjoy the forum and all the thread hijacks :text-threadjacked:
Portimao is ment to be an interesting track , theres a few on here that have done it and my wifes lucky to have done it too .
Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M

Post by Steve R1 »

Welcome to the forum, the new R1’s are amazing. Loving the colour scheme

Welcome

Stephen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
polar
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: FJR 1300, MT10SP

Post by polar »

Hi Eddie and welcome to the forum, you will find they are a really good bunch on here - best forum by far

Congrats on your new R1, looks a great bike mate, good luck next week mate
R1Clarky
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 5JJ

Post by R1Clarky »

welcome in pal - the bike looks sweet

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Treat everyone with respect unless they prove themselves to be Unworthy :-)
Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

R1Clarky wrote:welcome in pal - the bike looks sweet

You mean like a penny chew..... mind you when you were a kid you got ten for a farthing..... Image..... we know you are old mate... you think blue R1’s are fast ..... have you seen the post ImageImage

R1Clarky
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 5JJ

Post by R1Clarky »

Steve R1 wrote:

You mean like a penny chew..... mind you when you were a kid you got ten for a farthing..... Image..... we know you are old mate... you think blue R1’s are fast ..... have you seen the post ImageImage

:-) yes m8 im just not reacting ;-) (think I've become a grown up since buying the jaaag ;-) )

Treat everyone with respect unless they prove themselves to be Unworthy :-)
Steve R1
Donator
Donator

New R1 Owner

Post by Steve R1 »

R1Clarky wrote:
Steve R1 wrote:

Image yes m8 im just not reacting Image (think I've become a grown up since buying the jaaag Image )

Yeah mate.... it gets to us all.... you got the Tweed suit, bowler and cane umbrella yet Image

They are beautiful cars to drive... two for the price of one.... they can be a limousine if you want or a sports car.... people who haven’t driven them don’t understand how such a big car can be so so nimble..... I love em mate.... and mine is a super fast blue one Image

Blue is a fast colour for jags mate Image
Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

Steve R1 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:31 pm
R1Clarky wrote:
Steve R1 wrote:

Image yes m8 im just not reacting Image (think I've become a grown up since buying the jaaag Image )

Yeah mate.... it gets to us all.... you got the Tweed suit, bowler and cane umbrella yet Image

They are beautiful cars to drive... two for the price of one.... they can be a limousine if you want or a sports car.... people who haven’t driven them don’t understand how such a big car can be so so nimble..... I love em mate.... and mine is a super fast blue one Image

Blue is a fast colour for jags mate Image
For gods sake get a room you two :?
Horus-222_R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1 - 14B/E

Post by Horus-222_R1 »

Welcome aboard mate.
Bike looks awesome, as does that little lathe Boz is eye’ing up. 👍🏽

you've stumbled on the right forum. Full range of chat on here, from trivial personal preference to sound technical advice. Like which colour is quickest.
2012 & yellow - must be one of those anni's.
Horus-222_R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1 - 14B/E

Post by Horus-222_R1 »

Steve R1 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:31 pm Blue is a fast colour for jags mate Image
Stephen
Every speed restriction Ive seen is done in red.
Every policeman that wants you to get out the way cos his going fekkin fast doesn’t put on a red light...its fekkin blue.
Theres more. Give it up. 😜
2012 & yellow - must be one of those anni's.
EddieR1
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: 2016 R1

Post by EddieR1 »

:lol:

Thanks for the welcome.

Garage and Lathe are not mine unfortunately, I've just moved home so there's no space at mine.....yet. Will write up a decent report when I get back from Portimao and let you know how I get on.
Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

Horus-222_R1 wrote:
Steve R1 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:31 pm Blue is a fast colour for jags mate Image
Stephen
Every policeman that wants you to get out the way cos his going fekkin fast doesn’t put on a red light...its fekkin blue.
Theres more. Give it up. Image
Mate..... “give up” is not in my vocabulary .....

And there was me thinking Yamaha put blue wheels on the M to slow it down Image

Btw... perhaps my blue Jag is fast because it has red brake callipers and a red jaguar on the front..... just a thought Image

Did I ever tell you the story of Kevin at work..... he was the office know it all knows fool all..... when I first started there he asked me what bike I ride... I said a red R1 (it was the 5vy) and they are the fastest...... he then went in for what seemed like all day on the fact that red is the fastest colour.... that’s why supercars are red.... he went into all this scientific bull sh!t about the make up of paint particles.... that made red the fastest colour......

I asked him “so why Concorde only fly supersonic when it’s painted white?”

He went red faster than my 5vy... lol

The thing is, over the ten years he worked for me... he never changed.... he always had a bull sh!t opinion on everything..... the thing is.... people who didn’t know him believed him.... he was full of conspiracy theory’s as well.....

Still we used to have a laugh and he laughed with us....

I always had the nack of starting a discussion on some obscure subject at which point Keven suddenly became the office expert .... the looks I got from colleagues was sometimes as funny as Kevin’s responses Image

Regarding colour a blue bike or a red bike will only go as fast as you want it to Image

Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

Steve R1 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:09 am
Horus-222_R1 wrote:
Stephen

Btw... perhaps my blue Jag is fast because it has red brake callipers and a red jaguar on the front..... just a thought Image

Did I ever tell you the story of Kevin at work..... he was the office know it all knows fool all..... when I first started there he asked me what bike I ride... I said a red R1 (it was the 5vy) and they are the fastest...... he then went in for what seemed like all day on the fact that red is the fastest colour.... that’s why supercars are red.... he went into all this scientific bull sh!t about the make up of paint particles.... that made red the fastest colour......

The thing is, over the ten years he worked for me... he never changed.... he always had a bull sh!t opinion on everything..... the thing is.... people who didn’t know him believed him.... he was full of conspiracy theory’s as well.....

I always had the nack of starting a discussion on some obscure subject at which point Keven suddenly became the office expert .... the looks I got from colleagues was sometimes as funny as Kevin’s responses Image

Regarding colour a blue bike or a red bike will only go as fast as you want it to Image

Steve your backtracking you wimp. I’ve got a red 4xv that hasn’t turned a wheel in a number of years and it’s definitely faster than my blue 4c8 that I took to Alcarras recently it’s a scientific fact that is! and my black cats blacker than yours. :shifty:
Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

Danf1 wrote:
Horus-222_R1 wrote:
Stephen

Steve your backtracking you wimp. I’ve got a red 4xv that hasn’t turned a wheel in a number of years and it’s definitely faster than my blue 4c8 that I took to Alcarras recently it’s a scientific fact that is! and my black cats blacker than yours. :shifty:

Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

Danf1 wrote:
Horus-222_R1 wrote:
Stephen

R1streetfighter
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: R1 99-03-05-08

Post by R1streetfighter »

Welcome mate, nice bike, would make an epic street fighter 😂🤪
Live life like every day is your last as one day you’ll be right!