New to the forum? Then say hello here
Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M
Has thanked: 0

Re: Newbie, what to buy.

Post by Steve R1 »

Winchester has a beautiful cathedral.... we visited it last summer.... lovely place and nice artisan market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
dog78
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: Aprilia Factory

Post by dog78 »

Horus-222_R1 wrote:Image Image Image No wonder you convinced him Stephen!!

Hi Mate and welcome in. Nothing dodgy about Winchester. I'm up the Full Flood end of town after living in the centre for a while. Not a bad old place to be.
Great pic. I'm just getting started on the TD's. Did Donny last year and a couple of Cadwell's this year on me banger. I'm definitely in the loving camp but don't no any different. More than enough for an old fart like me.

Enjoy the forum and hopefully see you around at some point. Image
Hi Horus, that makes two old facts Image, yes definitely meet up at sometime in the spring.
Perhaps not Loomies, not down that 272, tbh waste of time that road, I go down the bypass, there's always Donington for the twisties Image

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

dog78
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: Aprilia Factory

Post by dog78 »

Hi Mate and welcome in. Nothing dodgy about Winchester. I'm up the Full Flood end of town after living in the centre for a while. Not a bad old place to be.
Great pic. I'm just getting started on the TD's. Did Donny last year and a couple of Cadwell's this year on me banger. I'm definitely in the loving camp but don't no any different. More than enough for an old fart like me.

Hi Horus, that makes two old facts Image, yes definitely meet up at sometime in the spring.
Perhaps not Loomies, not down that 272, tbh waste of time that road, I go down the bypass, there's always Donington for the twisties Image

Danf1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 4c8,4xv

Post by Danf1 »

Welcome Richard nice looking Aprilia. Heavily moded bikes rule my world can’t help with your new bike choice I’m afraid I’ve got the last of the “real” r1s :whistle: the 4c8 before it all went “Big Bang”. Whatever you get they are all good bikes even Steve’s r1m (apparently the bestest bike ever :D ). As far as track bikes go I recently watched on in amazement as a guy on a 5vy ran as fast as the newest r1s on a track in Spain. You won’t be disappointed.
Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M

Post by Steve R1 »

Danf1 wrote:Welcome Richard nice looking Aprilia. Heavily moded bikes rule my world can’t help with your new bike choice I’m afraid I’ve got the last of the “real” r1s :whistle: the 4c8 before it all went “Big Bang”. Whatever you get they are all good bikes even Steve’s r1m (apparently the bestest bike ever :D ). As far as track bikes go I recently watched on in amazement as a guy on a 5vy ran as fast as the newest r1s on a track in Spain. You won’t be disappointed.
Must admit both my 5vy and 4c8 were fantastic bikes. My M isn’t perfect ... in deed it’s lacking in the sound department.... and looks....the bangers were so much better in that regard (sound) and the 4c8 is by far the best looking R1 ever (in my opinion again) ... indeed it’s 9 years since I rode one... would be nice to ride one back to back with the M Image

Regarding who’s / what’s fastest on track.... a 600 with a good rider will outperform a mediocre rider on a litre bike Image... I’m sure if I took my M to oulton.... loads of different bikes and riders would outperform me Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
Horus-222_R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1 - 14B/E

Post by Horus-222_R1 »

dog78 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:26 pm

You have to catch it right, otherwise nothing but frustrating. I love the bypass too. I've probably clocked up half my road miles from Winchester A272 to Petersfield, then back to the A31 north and home on the A32. Quick pre-lunch blast when there's no traffic or sun in your eyes (I work from home)!! Not many other places to enjoy 6th gear. :) It really is time to focus on the TD's I suppose.
2012 & yellow - must be one of those anni's.