👍👍👍👍

Redratbike
Lurker
Bike Make & Model: Rsv mille
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Newbie from NW Kent

Post by Redratbike »

Well after looking for a while and realising there is a lot of late registered ones out there with out the traction control but still asking top money I Bought one 2013 tcs model with 9.5k miles , very pleased with it
Has akra carbon pipes ,decat, sac levers,new screen and upgraded brake lines.. just serviced and full service history,2 new tyres,battery, 12monyhd MOT
Happy days
Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M

Post by Steve R1 »

She looks beautiful Mark, I’ve had two 14b’s and a 14be which is the one you now own, they are amazing bikes,the sound from the akras... without baffles ... is awesome.... mine de-catted measured 101 dB so could easily do a quiet day at oulton park .

The throttle can be a tad snatchy so she will benefit from either a flash, see MikeR1 on here or a PCV with custom map.

They are a big bike, and by that I mean they need to be muscled around the corners, but with some really positive counter steering and a silky smooth right hand they are a very very rewarding bike to ride, I loved mine to bits.

Enjoy your new toy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Post by jompy »

That looks sweet , time for a remap ;)
Stu14b
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: R1 ( Project 14b )

Post by Stu14b »

Nice one Mark. Bit different to the RSV's aren't they. Still miss my Factory every now and then though.
Utrinque Paratus
Danf1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 4c8,4xv

Post by Danf1 »

Stu14b wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:38 pm Nice one Mark. Bit different to the RSV's aren't they. Still miss my Factory every now and then though.
:romance-hearteyes: :romance-heartsthree:
Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

Nice banger dude with Akras and decat thrown in that’s a deal breaker (you seen the price of them new). As Steve says have a look to see if it’s been flashed normally a sticker or writing on the ecu, although if the throttle feels a bit lumpy from off to on it hasn’t, then it’s really worthwhile mike at velox does a mail order flash that’s a bargain and a fast turn around.
Enjoy the new ride.
Stu14b
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: R1 ( Project 14b )

Post by Stu14b »

Danf1 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:55 am
Stu14b wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:38 pm Nice one Mark. Bit different to the RSV's aren't they. Still miss my Factory every now and then though.
:romance-hearteyes: :romance-heartsthree:
She was a thing of beauty wasn't she. Looked much better with the polished frame and sounded awesome with the Leo's. I had her nearly eight years.
Utrinque Paratus
Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

Have a soft spot for them I’d love one but won’t let go of my r1s.
Horus-222_R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1 - 14B/E

Post by Horus-222_R1 »

Danf1 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:59 am Have a soft spot for them I’d love one but won’t let go of my r1s.
Time you wrapped your arsecheeks around a good, raw sausage mate for sure. All ya chat about loving a screamer. You know what im saying, even if it sounds very gay. 🤔.
2012 & yellow - must be one of those anni's.
Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

Horus-222_R1 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:23 pm
Danf1 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:59 am Have a soft spot for them I’d love one but won’t let go of my r1s.
Time you wrapped your arsecheeks around a good, raw sausage mate for sure. All ya chat about loving a screamer. You know what im saying, even if it sounds very gay. 🤔.
Now you’ve got the pair how about a back to back comparison for track use G how did you find the handling of the 5vy?
To be honest I don’t like the sound of the banger or rather I like the more traditional inline 4 sound or v4 sound sorry mate.
Horus-222_R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Horus-222_R1 »

Danf1 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:47 pm
Now you’ve got the pair how about a back to back comparison for track use G how did you find the handling of the 5vy?
To be honest I don’t like the sound of the banger or rather I like the more traditional inline 4 sound or v4 sound sorry mate.
In my particular case... 5vy wins , hands down on track for handling so far. Prefer the motor power too but only as a novice on short circuit so far. Would like me banger engine in the right bike too. Lovely to have both to learn from 👍🏽 Shame im so fucking old 😂
Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

Horus-222_R1 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:18 pm
In my particular case... 5vy wins , hands down on track for handling so far. Prefer the motor power too but only as a novice on short circuit so far. Would like me banger engine in the right bike too. Lovely to have both to learn from 👍🏽 Shame im so fucking old 😂
Did you get to try both sets of wheels/rubber G.
Horus-222_R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Horus-222_R1 »

Danf1 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:24 pm
No. m7rr's on warmers all day which were great. Focused on suspension and getting used to bike.
LOCKE
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 2009 YZF R1 14B

Post by LOCKE »

Great choice mate, enjoy.
14B. Enough Said.

HEL Pirelli Akrapovic Brembo Gilles Tooling Pro-Bolt GBRacing PCV Renthal K&N
beaker_666
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1

Post by beaker_666 »

Welcome to the Forum .. good luck Tire kicking .. I have just been enticed back to the 14b also :)
Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M

Post by Steve R1 »

Horus-222_R1 wrote:
Time you wrapped your arsecheeks around a good, raw sausage mate for sure. All ya chat about loving a screamer. You know what im saying, even if it sounds very gay. Image.
In my particular case... 5vy wins , hands down on track for handling so far. Prefer the motor power too but only as a novice on short circuit so far. Would like me banger engine in the right bike too. Lovely to have both to learn from Image Shame im so fucking old Image
Horus.... age is but a number mate, it’s how you feel, your health and outlook on life that matters..... gets what I tell myself as I approach free prescriptions in six months time Image

Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

Steve R1 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:12 am
Horus-222_R1 wrote:
Time you wrapped your arsecheeks around a good, raw sausage mate for sure. All ya chat about loving a screamer. You know what im saying, even if it sounds very gay. Image.

In my particular case... 5vy wins , hands down on track for handling so far. Prefer the motor power too but only as a novice on short circuit so far. Would like me banger engine in the right bike too. Lovely to have both to learn from Image Shame im so fucking old Image
Horus.... age is but a number mate, it’s how you feel, your health and outlook on life that matters..... gets what I tell myself as I approach free prescriptions in six months time Image

You moving to wales then?
Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

Horus-222_R1 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:38 pm
Danf1 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:24 pm

No. m7rr's on warmers all day which were great. Focused on suspension and getting used to bike.
Best way mate one thing at a time then you can feel the difference each change makes.
Rednine
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: S1000rr Sport

Post by Rednine »

Mark, that looks a really nice bike you've bought, with some trick kit and mods, not to mention good colour. Might meet up sometime this year, it's years since the Aprilia camping meets courtesy of Freestyler and Shiny Beast..............perhaps Donington for the World Supers?
You don't stop riding bikes because you're old -you get old because you stop riding bikes.
bennieder
Lurker
Bike Make & Model: Osiwuxod

Newbie from NW Kent

Post by bennieder »

Thanks guys.

From Leeds but live in pontefract now, work in Leeds still

Can someone tell me how to pm the car sticker fella pls?? Ta v much in advance
jompy

Post by jompy »

bennieder wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:47 pm Thanks guys.

If this is the one you mean just contact him through his web site , here's the link
https://www.stickertec.co.uk/custom-mer ... ha-R-Decal
newsh
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: R1 2015

Post by newsh »

jompy wrote:

If this is the one you mean just contact him through his web site , here's the link
It’s a spammer Jompy Image
Old enough to know better.
Danf1
Donator
Donator

Post by Danf1 »

newsh wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:01 pm
jompy wrote:

It’s a spammer Jompy Image
Look at his bike profile stumpy it’s a dead giveaway if your not to busy on the swing that is!!
jompy

Post by jompy »

Why would someone post that as spam ?
I can't ban everyone that asks a question just because they don't have a bike model on their profile
Now if he was trying to sell nikes , pandora or posted links to sex sites then thats a different matter