New to the forum? Then say hello here
nomad46
Lurker
Bike Make & Model: r1
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

hello

Post by nomad46 »

hi guys, new to yams, bought a 15 plate r1 track bike around crimbo, new to track riding done cadwell and oulton, booked oulton again on the 9th, only 1hr away from me, :dance:

Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M

hello

Post by Steve R1 »

Hi Scott, the 15 R1 is an amazing bike, Oulton is my favourite track, I’m about 40 minutes from it Image

Tell us a bit more about your biking history, what bikes you have owned, do you only ride on track?

What you like about your bikes, what you would like to improve.

We are a friendly bunch on here, very helpful, the guys n gals are always able to answer questions.

Oh and post up some pics ... we love pics... especially those of us who can’t read ....

Oh and although we are a Yamaha forum, it really doesn’t matter what bike you have... a bike is a bike... even hondas are allowed....

This is one of the bosses on his bike... jompy aka monkey face will be along soon

We do have a good if somewhat strange sense of humour on here... lol

Welcome

Stephen Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
R1Clarky
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 5JJ

Re: hello

Post by R1Clarky »

welcome in mate, & as steve says piccys when ya can

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Treat everyone with respect unless they prove themselves to be Unworthy :-)
jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Post by jompy »

Welcome in Scott
Hope you enjoy the forum 👍
Horus-222_R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1 - 14B/E

Post by Horus-222_R1 »

Welcome in Mate.
Hr from Oulton is lucky. Haven't done it yet but love Cadwell. Nearly 4 hrs tho so making the most and camping double days up there 😜. Done 4 there this yr!!
A fair few TD’ers on here so get stuck in and enjoy.
2012 & yellow - must be one of those anni's.
nomad46
Lurker

Post by nomad46 »

thx for the welcome guys, funny u should mention honda stephen, i'v a 12plate fireblade for the road, sp suspension and carbon wheels on her,
I'v only started getting into tracks this year, went cadwell start of year, oulton 3 weeks ago with steve brogan, and i'v booked oulton on the 9th aug to put it all together now its sunk in, not been riding on road for 18months so taking a bit get back in the swing of things,
the bike is amazing, blipper works flawlessly just need a longer shaft so I can go race shift,
i'll post a pic 2mos
nomad46
Lurker

Post by nomad46 »

Horus-222_R1 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:01 am Welcome in Mate.
Hr from Oulton is lucky. Haven't done it yet but love Cadwell. Nearly 4 hrs tho so making the most and camping double days up there 😜. Done 4 there this yr!!
A fair few TD’ers on here so get stuck in and enjoy.
yeah loved cadwell, it was first track day so I didn't go mad, f%@ked the jump bit every time, im going to book it again in about 3 weeks after oulton (all going well) its just over 2.5hr for me so a long day,

u need go oulton mate, it cant be much further for u, track is faster than cadwell you'll love it, I want go Donnington too if it ever stops raining
Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

Oulton is a beautiful track, I’ve ridden that one more than any other, but sadly not since 2014, since then it’s road only for me Image

I’ve always wanted a fire blade Scott, had Honda CBRs for years before I got my first R1... it was a choice... 2004 blade or 2004 R1, my head said “blade” but my heart fell in love with the 04 R1, so that’s what I got and never looked back Image

This was her

Oh ... do you know what CBR stands for.....

Crap Bike Really.... only joking Image

polar
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: FJR 1300, MT10SP

Post by polar »

Steve R1 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:49 am Oulton is a beautiful track, I’ve ridden that one more than any other, but sadly not since 2014, since then it’s road only for me Image

I’ve always wanted a fire blade Scott, had Honda CBRs for years before I got my first R1... it was a choice... 2004 blade or 2004 R1, my head said “blade” but my heart fell in love with the 04 R1, so that’s what I got and never looked back Image

This was her

I was so close to buying the 2004 Blade in red, white and blue and something in my head (well it was Dawn actually :lol: ) said just go and look at the new R1 to make sure you are making the right choice with the Blade. I went to look at the R1 knowing i was defo going to buy the blade straight after going to see the R1.

I bought the new R1, 2004 in silver there and then, i didnt even road test the R1, it made the Blade look accent, fat and fugly :o.

I would have another one any day, got to be one of the most radical changes in the R1 line up.

Ive been addicted to R1's ever since. :whistle:
Rednine
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: S1000rr Sport

Post by Rednine »

Welcome from the New Forest. my two favourite tracks are Oulton and Cadell, my younger son used to live in Lincoln so it was great to visit him and enjoy short journeys to either for BSB rounds but disappointingly he's had the cheek to move to Cambridge, job wise, so that's rather buggered cheap accommodation!! Thank goodness for Airbnb and Bookingcom Apologies for the ramble, it's a great forum and loads of advice on offer so do use it and enjoy your track days. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
You don't stop riding bikes because you're old -you get old because you stop riding bikes.
Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

polar wrote:
Steve R1 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:49 am Oulton is a beautiful track, I’ve ridden that one more than any other, but sadly not since 2014, since then it’s road only for me Image

This was her

I was so close to buying the 2004 Blade in red, white and blue and something in my head (well it was Dawn actually :lol: ) said just go and look at the new R1 to make sure you are making the right choice with the Blade. I went to look at the R1 knowing i was defo going to buy the blade straight after going to see the R1.

I bought the new R1, 2004 in silver there and then, i didnt even road test the R1, it made the Blade look accent, fat and fugly :o.

I would have another one any day, got to be one of the most radical changes in the R1 line up.

Ive been addicted to R1's ever since. :whistle:
Mark,

I went through exactly the same process as you, saw the blade at the 2003 bike show, Honda had it in an area where you could look at it but not touch, they allowed about four people into the area st the time, I queued up with my mate to get a closer look... it just didn’t do it for me...

Then we went to the Yamaha stand, they had three R1’s for you to sit on, red, grey and blue.... I went back to that stand four times during the day.,, didn’t go back to see the blade.

When they arrived in the showrooms in late 2003 / early 2004 my dealer, those days sold nothing Honda and Yamaha do I could get a closer look at them. Like you I didn’t get a test ride as they had no demos....

I plumped fit the R1 in the end, her looks more than what I thought at the time was a lack of build quality, compared to the Honda... how wrong I was, my yamahas have taken everything I’ve thrown at them, commuting all year round, indeed my 5vy did over 65,000 miles in a little under three years, without missing a beat.... I could not have asked for more Image