New to the forum? Then say hello here
Dome
Lurker
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha r1 2018
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2018 r1

Post by Dome »

Thanks guys for having us on board . Started with 1998 r1 then 2004 then 2009 this this one ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š. Any advice on a full akrapovic system . Keep thinking about it over my 3/4 ar system. Also advice on ecu flash good or bad . All advice is much appreciated guys . Also I live in Colchester and their is a guy here called seton Tuning. Any one used him . Pic of last baby
Last edited by Dome on Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Re: 2018 r2

Post by jompy »

Welcome in Dom
That looks a nice 2cr ๐Ÿ‘
I hope you enjoy the forum , i've deleted you're other two posts as they're in the wrong section and you'd be much better off posting them in the 2CR section ๐Ÿ‘Œ
polar
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: FJR 1300, MT10SP

Post by polar »

Hi Dom and welcome to the forum - you will be fine hear you will find we are more of a community than the average forum.

Love you new R1 in stealth black, like the A/R exhaust too :clap:

There are other bikes but only 1 R1 :lol:
R1ch
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1m

Post by R1ch »

Welcome in... I bet thats loud ... not sure about the reflector.. look good in black
Horus-222_R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1 - 14B/E

Post by Horus-222_R1 »

Welcome in mate.
They look awesome in black. Enjoy the forum.
2012 & yellow - must be one of those anni's.
Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M

Post by Steve R1 »

Welcome to our biking community Dom, you have a really beautiful R1 and I absolutely love the colour. I believe the side reflectors are now required under EU law but I also believe that it isnโ€™t a sick raptor (illegal) ... sorry my sad sense of humour ... to remove them.

Like you I have R1 blood in my veins, and my latest bike is my 6th R1 and 7th Yamaha.... I was a Honda man before that ... but I hung up my pipe and slippers and saw the light and moved to Yamaha... a decision I never regretted...

So tell us a bit more about your biking history, what R1โ€™s have you had, what you liked about them, what you changed, and what are your plans for your new toy

We are a friendly and helpful bunch of guys, girls and the odd primate (yes jompy is odd) on here. Welcome

Stephen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
polar
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: FJR 1300, MT10SP

Post by polar »

Steve R1 wrote: โ†‘Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:41 am
I was a Honda man before that Image... but I hung up my pipe and slippers and saw the light and moved to Yamaha... a decision I never regretted...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve R1
Donator
Donator

2018 r2

Post by Steve R1 »

polar wrote:
Steve R1 wrote: โ†‘Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:41 am
I was a Honda man before that Image... but I hung up my pipe and slippers and saw the light and moved to Yamaha... a decision I never regretted...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
And Mark.... much to the disgust of my Honda mates... I didnโ€™t fit the ash tray or skipper rack to the R1.... that got me banned from the CBR Forum... Image

Seriously though, I had over the years been a major contributor to the Honda forum only to find when I moved to Yamaha it was like... what the F are you going on here now.... not at all like our community here Image

Dome
Lurker

Re: 2018 r1

Post by Dome »

Thank you all guys much appreciated. Iโ€™ve been told reflector looks gay ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ be off soon . Started with 1998 r1 then 2014 r1 then 2009 r1 which I loooooved . Then this tool . Which makes my pants twitch every time ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.im after some advice about a full akrapovic system over my 3/4 ar system Iโ€™m looking at one but not sure ar is loud but I think you canโ€™t be the roar of a akrapovic . Also Ecu flash good or not any advice would be muuuuuch appreciated. Pic of last baby .also weโ€™ve got a guy called seton Tuning any advice on this fella as I live in Colchester.
Boz
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1M + R1 4C8

Post by Boz »

Nice R1, I do like them in the stealth black. :)

Seton tuning are good and do an exhaust that is pretty good for track days and doesn't affect the power, they can flash the ECU too, have a look on the website here: http://seton-tuning.co.uk/catalog/yamaha-r1-2015-2018

I have my R1M fitted with FTecu FlashTune and Autotune which auto tunes your bike as you ride, and gives the ability to alter the fuelling in the maps fuel cells to get the bike running sweetly.

Mike on this site runs Velox Racing and has Seaton stuff https://www.veloxracing.com/wp/product- ... race-parts

Plus the FTecu FlashTune and all stuff you need! https://www.veloxracing.com/wp/product- ... 5-2cr-2ks/
Live life in the fastish lane
Dome
Lurker

Post by Dome »

Cheers 4 that mate much appreciated ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ
Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

When I picked my bike up Dom, there was another like mine but with a full ackrapovic system on it, I was thinking of getting mine decatted and they advised me against it... asking why they started this other bike up... she was very loud indeed, too loud fir a track day, indeed it hurt my ears...

Now the bangers I had previously were all decatted and would pass a quiet day at Oulton Park , they were loud, but not offensive....

Some of the guys on here have found other systems that provide a good sound without being offensively loud .

So I kept the Accra slip on and cat in mine, sounds ok, not as nice as the banger, but ok

Dome
Lurker

Post by Dome »

Cheers Steve must say sounds better with baffles in with our sounds empty bean can buuuuut I do like aloud system pisses my neighbours right off . .๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†