New to the forum? Then say hello here
duke41
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: R1M
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

R1M trackbike

Post by duke41 »

Hi all,first non italian bike,ex ducati racer and looking for tips/parts to prep my R1M for track. I've got rearsets,Akra,clip ons,GB racing engine casings,bodywork. Looking at brake set up,seems Brembo 19rcs with seperate lines is the way to go by reading posts on here.So looking for advice and parts...possibly thinking about M4 monoblocs but will see how MC works out first with/without ABS.
cheers
steve

polar
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: FJR 1300, MT10SP

Re: R1M trackbike

Post by polar »

Hi Steve and welcome to the forum.

There are a great bunch of guys and girls on here, more of a community really.

Put a post in the new boy section with a bit more about yourself and history, pics of your past and present bikes would be good.

There will be one of the lads along soon to answer your questions. There are a few guys on here with tricked up track bikes.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

carsonr6
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 2CR(x2)& Gen 4 BMW

Post by carsonr6 »

Seems like the brakes on the R1M are one of its weak points. What about a set of Brembo M50 calipers or GPX? M50s can be picked up pretty reasonably second hand with some decent pads and fluid.
jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Post by jompy »

Welcome in Steve
Enjoy the R1M and the forum 👍
R1ch
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1m

Post by R1ch »

sounds like you've got it covered
i've recently moved to a r1m trackbike (brought as a roadbike), I changed fairings, fitted autoblipper and 3/4 exhaust with long long can, r&g engine protectors, crash bungs (frame and spindle sliders, bobbins), aim solo mount, tank/frame/swingarm grips

check your current front paddock stand works with the r1m.. my old under fork front harris stand didn't work due to the abs sensor mounting
(found this out in Almeria.. lucky i swapped stands with a mate for the trip..lol)..

i've only ridden my r1m once so far (a 4 day trip to Almeria/andulanica/espana).. in the first session I decided the abs was an issue for me ... braking from 165 mph.. abs cut in at 106 mph ... apart from the abs i thought the brakes were ok.. granted i braked early and light for the rest of the event .. so fade may still be an issue

i tried to find out info about the 'circuit' ecu (not to be confused with the yec ecu), which is supposed to have 'race abs' instead of 'road abs'.. but due to lack of info regarding the circuit ecu, i'm going for the the cheaper option of blocking at the pump and running direct lines
i'll lose the linked braking and logging of the front brake pressure..
(the datalogger showed the rear abs cut it alot with linked braking.. but you never feel it)
pulling the abs solinoid fuse to disable the abs causes the datalogging on a r1m not to function :(
(and the abs warning light to stay on)

i going to try the standard brake master cylinder with good fluid (rbf660), if I expenerience fade I'll fit the brembo rcs19 from my old 4c8 trackbike

not sure if bypassing the abs has an effect on the automatic suspension setting A1/2/3 .. i've had conflicting info
i'm hoping the auto setting adjustments are 100% imu based and the electrical connection to the abs pump is just for datalogging
(although most people i've spoken to with r1m's on track put the suspension in manual mode)

my to do list for next season :
bypass abs
change blipper so doesn't require front brake to be applied for activation
fit taller db screen
remove hero blobs from standard rearsets
duke41
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: R1M

Post by duke41 »

Thanx all........R1ch,thanx for alot of info there.....i will certainly check my paddock stand. Interesting about the long end can,i've got the Akra 3/4 short can/link pipe and i assume you did that for the noise police at uk tracks.I have a db meter and will check tha Akra when the baffle turns up.... yes i was always expecting to blank off the ABS,cannot see how that can help with track riding.The other interesting thing i was unaware of,does the blipper only activate with front brake on R1M....will review suspension electronics when i can get on track.
cheers