DanW
Lurker
Bike Make & Model: BMW
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hello everyone.

Post by DanW »

Hi all,
I’m Dan from North Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿. Got myself a 2018 R1 a few months ago after part exchanging a BMW S1000rr which I’d had a while. Never had an R1 before but absolutely love mine now. Worked my way up from a few ZX6R’s through to Fireblades and GSXR 1000’s. Still got a mint GSXR K6 as a 2nd bike. Put a Zero Gravity screen, slip on Akrapovic and rad guard on R1 so far. Enjoy fast ish road riding and planning on doing my advanced test this year.
Regards
Dan.

R1Clarky
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 5JJ

Re: Hello everyone.

Post by R1Clarky »

welcome in dan from wales

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Treat everyone with respect unless they prove themselves to be Unworthy :-)
polar
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: FJR 1300, MT10SP

Post by polar »

Welcome to the forum Dan, nice R1 that you must be very pleased.

We dont mind if you have a gsxr, i had the 750, great bike but no R1. There are one or two guys with BMW 1000rr on the forum.

One or two of you guys on the forum from over the border in beautiful Wales, love the place, every chance i get (health permitting) i go for a blast, Shropshire and mid Wales, i have a great 200 mile route.
DanW
Lurker
Bike Make & Model: BMW

Post by DanW »

The welcome guys. Yeah some great roads by my house such as Horseshoe Pass, Betws Y Coed and Snowdonia.
andycktm
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: yamaha R1

Post by andycktm »

Hi Dan,
The cross plane is an awesome motor,inline four with character 8-) .
Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M

Post by Steve R1 »

Welcome to the forum Dan, you have had a very nice selection of bikes Image. We love bikes on here, so it really doesn’t matter if you have a Honda, GSXR (better than hondas... no pipe or slipper rack) or indeed I’d you venture into the realm of Yamaha’s... yes there are a few Yamaha nuts on here (me included) but I did used to be a Honda man... please forgive me... lol...

You have found this forum, and hopefully you will soon realise that we are not a forum per se... but a community of like minded biker guys n gals... who just love bikes, of all persuasions, but especially Yamaha’s...

Please feel free to ask any questions, bike related or not, someone will have the answer, done that, got the tee shirt... you get the drift...

We have a great sense of humour on here... one of the bosses... you will soon get to know Jompy.. aka monkey face.... he used to work fir PG....

Jompy is the young one...

Anyway... join in the banter... have a laugh and .... well just contribute to the forum.... I do.... and as far as mechanics go.... I’m as thick as pig sh!t.... but the guys n gals really help me out Image

Welcome

Stephen (not very mechanical) Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Post by jompy »

Welcome in Dan
Nice bike and enjoy the forum
So nice roads up there , my first wife was from Deganwy ( Liverpudlian ) and my second wife is from Port Talbot . . . . . . . i never learn 😂