Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: FJR 1300, MT10SP
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hi all

Post by polar »

Hi Norman and welcome to the forum,

great bunch on here, more of a community/club than a forum but you will find that out.

Congrats on your new bike, the 2020 R1 is a well sorted bike.

Tell us a bit more about yourself - riding history with pics of your other/previous bikes.
polar
Donator
Donator

Post by polar »

Hi Norman and welcome to the forum,

great bunch on here, more of a community/club than a forum but you will find that out.

Congrats on your new bike, the 2020 R1 is a well sorted bike.

Tell us a bit more about yourself - riding history with pics of your other/previous bikes.
Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M

Post by Steve R1 »

Welcome to the forum Norman, you will have to forgive Mark aka Polar the bear... he loved double posting... it’s his age you know...lol (yes Mark, that’s definitely the pot calling the kettle black ... on both fronts )

Anyway... the 2020 R1, they look amazing, tell us what you think of her, how she compares to the other bikes you have had.

As Mark said we are a friendly bunch of guys n gals on here and we are more like a community of people who are passionate about biking and Yamaha’s in particular. Any questions just ask, someone will know the answer

Welcome...

Stephen... aka... Wallace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
polar
Donator
Donator

Post by polar »

Steve R1 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:03 am Welcome to the forum Norman, you will have to forgive Mark aka Polar the bear... he loved double posting... it’s his age you know...lol (yes Mark, that’s definitely the pot calling the kettle black Image... on both fronts Image)

:sci-fi-beamup: :lol: :lol:
Rednine
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: S1000rr Sport

Post by Rednine »

Welcome to the forum Norman, as you can see there's a good sense of camaraderie and banter on here, and if "yamahaR" produced forums they would probably be the best forums in the world!!! :lol: :lol: I have also double posted in the past, but my reflexes are soooooo fast the second usually gets deleted. :D
You don't stop riding bikes because you're old -you get old because you stop riding bikes.
Rednine
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: S1000rr Sport

Post by Rednine »

I should have also mentioned, abundant advice and knowledge available too. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
You don't stop riding bikes because you're old -you get old because you stop riding bikes.
Repsol2
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 2020

Post by Repsol2 »

Thanks for the reply folks. First bike was a Yamaha RD200, then a Yamaha LC250, a Yamaha XS250, a Kawasaki KR1, a Kawasaki KR1S, a Kawasaki ZXR 400, a Kawasaki ZXR 750, a Yamaha R1 1998, a Yamaha R1 big bang 2009, a BMW S1000RR 2017 and now the 2020 R1. Will put up pics of the 1998 R1, the big bang R1 which I bought from a chap in England and a pic of the the BMW.
Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M

Post by Steve R1 »

We love pics of bikes on here Norman so feel free to post as many as you wish... and they don’t have to be Yamaha’s

This was my 09 Big Bang, or banger as we call them on here... to be fair I hated this bike, worse bike I’ve ever owned, however my 2011 banger was perfect... well until I was knocked off her by a car... “sorry mate I didn’t see you” syndrome..... I wouldn’t mind... but I was stationary at the time Image... mind you, saying that... three cars have knocked me off over the years.... and every time I was stationary.... Image... so the faster I go... the safer I am Image ... anyway the 09 banger

I’m the little old guy stood behind the Suzuki Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Post by jompy »

Welcome in Norman
Enjoy the fiorum buddy 👍