New to the forum? Then say hello here
sir digby
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: 05 r1
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Old member back

Post by sir digby »

Well its been a few years since I've logged in to this forum but Work ex wifes kids got married .
still got the 5pw bought afew bits off some members on here and some bouts of laughter from luke is he still mental and how's everyone doing.
cheers mark

jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Re: Old member back

Post by jompy »

sir digby wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:50 am Well its been a few years since I've logged in to this forum but Work ex wifes kids got married .
still got the 5pw bought afew bits off some members on here and some bouts of laughter from luke is he still mental and how's everyone doing.
cheers mark
Bloody hell Mark , long time no see !
Nice to see you back 👍
Things have really changed on her from the old days , it's a lot quieter in many ways but the community spirt is still here , a lot of the guy's from the old days have moved on and Luke03 was one of them unfortunately .
Pull up a pew and join in
Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M

Post by Steve R1 »

Welcome back Mark, good to hear from you. As Jompy says we have lost a lot of good members on here and picked up some good new members too

A few of us diehards are still here... Clarky still reckons his blue R1 is fast... he will never learn... jompy is still monkeying about... no change there... and I’m still useless with the spanners .... again no change...

We are all a few years older... no wiser... just older...

Threads still get hijacked...

We still have a laugh...

Still take the p!ss out of Jompys half one ...

And I’m still a short arse...

Welcome back

Stephen aka Cilla.... remember those days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
Danf1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 4c8,4xv

Post by Danf1 »

Steve R1 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:06 am Welcome back Mark, good to hear from you. As Jompy says we have lost a lot of good members on here and picked up some good new members too

A few of us diehards are still here... Clarky still reckons his blue R1 is fast... he will never learn... jompy is still monkeying about... no change there... and I’m still useless with the spanners .... again no change...

We still have a laugh...

Welcome back

Stephen aka Cilla.... remember those days Image

“Cilla” spill the beans Steve you ok it’s been a bit quiet without many of your comments the last few days?
jompy

Post by jompy »

Danf1 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:29 am
Steve R1 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:06 am Welcome back Mark, good to hear from you. As Jompy says we have lost a lot of good members on here and picked up some good new members too

We still have a laugh...

Welcome back

“Cilla” spill the beans Steve you ok it’s been a bit quiet without many of your comments the last few days?
He started getting called Cilla aka Cilla Black by me because his welcome replies to newbies were more like a dating game 😂
R1Clarky
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 5JJ

Post by R1Clarky »

welcome back mate i was a bit hesitant opening the thread as i thought it might be about a cock transplant or summat

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Treat everyone with respect unless they prove themselves to be Unworthy :-)
jompy

Post by jompy »

R1Clarky wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:06 pm welcome back mate ImageImage i was a bit hesitant opening the thread as i thought it might be about a cock transplant or summat ImageImage

You're ok it wasn't posted by Kyle :lol:
Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

Danf1 wrote:

We still have a laugh...

Welcome back

Hay Julian, we are fine at our end, I’m still breathing, which irritates the hell out of Joan.... the hole in the patio hasn’t been filled in yet so neither of us have been bumped off.... which I suppose is another good sign

How are you mate Image

sir digby
Been Here a While

Post by sir digby »

Thanks for the welcome back chaps the names are all coming back to me now and o yes I can see the banter is still here, yes same old cock,same black vivaro van it just keeps on going and still looks new and the R1 5pw is the same I really can't see me ever letting it go its only got 18k on it but since I started installing lightweight conservatory roofs I have not stopped.This year I was supposed to take on some more staff so I could take a back seat more but thats out of the window at the moment.When were all back to it think ill get the valves looked at does that sound about right to you chaps 2005 18k on the clock but first I need to sort the charging issue after another flat battery after a long ride last week(to price a job in Scarborough before I get lynched).
cheers mark
I forgot to mention 1 new edition think Steve was into them the black jag xf
jompy

Post by jompy »

sir digby wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:24 am Thanks for the welcome back chaps the names are all coming back to me now and o yes I can see the banter is still here, yes same old cock,same black vivaro van it just keeps on going and still looks new and the R1 5pw is the same I really can't see me ever letting it go its only got 18k on it but since I started installing lightweight conservatory roofs I have not stopped.This year I was supposed to take on some more staff so I could take a back seat more but thats out of the window at the moment.When were all back to it think ill get the valves looked at does that sound about right to you chaps 2005 18k on the clock but first I need to sort the charging issue after another flat battery after a long ride last week(to price a job in Scarborough before I get lynched).
cheers mark
I forgot to mention 1 new edition think Steve was into them the black jag xf
Clarky and CADmonkey have now got XF's there was even talk of getting Mike to sort out an XF section , they've even found a member thats stupidly admitted to being a jaguar mechanic 😂
Valves need checking at 26k and usually they don't need adjusting , nice bikes those 5pw's :clap:
Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

I’m on my 3rd XF now Mark... I love them. Post a pic so we can admire her... and one of the R1 to keep the rest happy

sir digby
Been Here a While

Post by sir digby »

now your asking I couldn't even remember my user name never mind posting pictures on here ill give it a coat of looking at later
sir digby
Been Here a While

Post by sir digby »

hope this works, iam going to drop the oil this week and check the stater thing and try to find out why its losing charge only changed the battery 2 years ago and its always on trickle charge
sir digby
Been Here a While

Post by sir digby »

Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

Nice pics mark,

Yours is a 3.0 S like mine

jompy

Post by jompy »

sir digby wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:34 pm hope this works, iam going to drop the oil this week and check the stater thing and try to find out why its losing charge only changed the battery 2 years ago and its always on trickle charge
Looking good 👍
One of my mates messaged me last year about his ThunderPuss not starting , when i had a look at it and told him the battery was goosed he said it can't be , it was brand new last year and it stays on the trickle charger !!!
A) always buy the best battery you can afford YUASA are good which is why they come with them
B) contry to popular belief trickle chargers will kill your battery if you leave them on all the time .
If your bike is going to sit for a while and definately if the bikes sitting over winter , just take the battery off and take it indoors in the warm . cold kills batteries .
This was all learned from Jen's time in the bike trade .
Since i bought the Half-one in 2009 i've bought 1 battery for it back in march 2015 , Jen's had her Hypermotard since 2011 and it's on the same battery :dance:
sir digby
Been Here a While

Post by sir digby »

Thanks for the tip it was a yuasa battery I put on ill probably just get one once I've tested to make sure its not the bike
R1Clarky
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 5JJ

Post by R1Clarky »

the jag looks sweet as does the bike

Treat everyone with respect unless they prove themselves to be Unworthy :-)