New to the forum? Then say hello here
Levi1982
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: R1
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Frame marks

Post by Levi1982 »

Firstly I’m new so want to say hello to everyone on the forum I’m currently riding a 2003 R1 absolutely love it 😍 but I have couple of problems so I’m hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction. I have like water marks on the frame what could I use to try and remove them? I’ll attach a pic. Also when I pull of on the bike it’s like it’s got a flat spot if I don’t rev it enough is that normal on a R1 or would u say I have a problem somewhere I haven’t serviced it yet it’s currently on 19k on clocks thanks for your help

R1Clarky
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 5JJ

Re: Frame marks

Post by R1Clarky »

Welcome in pal i always need a few revs on if im trying to pull off 'quickly'. Ooh matron

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Treat everyone with respect unless they prove themselves to be Unworthy :-)
jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Post by jompy »

Welcome in Levi
Hope you enjoy the forum , nice 5pw 👍
I take a guess that somebody's used muc off and not cleaned it off right away , to be honest having never had a black frame i wouldn't want to suggest anything just in case of a mishap but i would say what ever you try do it on a part of the frame you can't see 👍

As for the flat spot first thing i'd be doing is checking the Exup valve is working and set up properly .
Levi1982
Been Here a While

Post by Levi1982 »

Hi thanks for the reply’s little update what I’ve noticed after just having a little blast on it if I pull the clutch in when I rev it it’s fine when the clutch is out I have this kind of blip sorry if it doesn’t make sense it’s so hard to explain
Mark YPVS
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: YZF R1 2006

Post by Mark YPVS »

on my 5PW (Triggers broom) on here , i used black T cut then black trim wax, as for the flat spot, could be the exup valves or the throttle bodies need balancing.
Mark
Im not overweight im under height !!
Boz
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1M + R1 4C8

Post by Boz »

Welcome aboard.

I'd try a splash of wd40 on a microfiber cloth first to try and remove the frame staining,
Live life in the fastish lane
Levi1982
Been Here a While

Post by Levi1982 »

Ok thank u lads for ur reply’s I’ll try using them 2morrow and let u know how I get on and I’ll get a Mecanic to take a look once I can get it booked in
jompy

Post by jompy »

Levi1982 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:24 pm Ok thank u lads for ur reply’s I’ll try using them 2morrow and let u know how I get on and I’ll get a Mecanic to take a look once I can get it booked in
Exup check should be easy enough to do yourself using the service manuals , unfortunately the links to the service manuals on here are broken but most R1 facebook pages have them to download for free in they're files sections
Horus-222_R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1 - 14B/E

Post by Horus-222_R1 »

jompy wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:05 pm ....unfortunately the links to the service manuals on here are broken but most R1 facebook pages have them to download for free in they're files sections
What’s this? :shock:
Go to FB :shock: :shock:
:naughty: :lol: :lol:
2012 & yellow - must be one of those anni's.
jompy

Post by jompy »

Horus-222_R1 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:40 am
jompy wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:05 pm ....unfortunately the links to the service manuals on here are broken but most R1 facebook pages have them to download for free in they're files sections
Hopefully they'll be sorted in the next few days
Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M

Post by Steve R1 »

Welcome to the forum Levi, good luck with sorting your flat spot and the marks on your frame. Don’t use muc off on your bike, autoglym, whilst more expensive, is a lot kinder to your bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
newsh
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: R1 2015

Post by newsh »

I sorted the same flat spot on my 4XV with new plugs, I also unscrewed the plug caps and cut 10mm off the ends of the plug leads while I was there.
Old enough to know better.
newsh
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: R1 2015

Post by newsh »

Plus one on a wipe over with something oily for the frame marks. I use acf50 or Autoglim bumper gel.
There’s a bunch of “ back to black” type products out there.
Old enough to know better.
Levi1982
Been Here a While

Post by Levi1982 »

Thanks Boz wd-40 abd a scrubbing brush then used black T-cut there very faint now as didn’t wanna scrub the frame to hard incase it went wrong but I’m happy now as there hardly noticeable
Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M

Post by Steve R1 »

Levi1982 wrote:Thanks Boz wd-40 abd a scrubbing brush then used black T-cut there very faint now as didn’t wanna scrub the frame to hard incase it went wrong but I’m happy now as there hardly noticeable
Looking good Levi ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
jompy

Post by jompy »

Levi1982 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:41 am Firstly I’m new so want to say hello to everyone on the forum I’m currently riding a 2003 R1 absolutely love it 😍 but I have couple of problems so I’m hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction. I have like water marks on the frame what could I use to try and remove them? I’ll attach a pic. Also when I pull of on the bike it’s like it’s got a flat spot if I don’t rev it enough is that normal on a R1 or would u say I have a problem somewhere I haven’t serviced it yet it’s currently on 19k on clocks thanks for your help
Horus-222_R1 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:40 am
All sorted now all service and parts manuals are in hosted by velox racing and in the relevent sections , thanks Mike 👍
Levi1982
Been Here a While

Post by Levi1982 »

newsh wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:46 am I sorted the same flat spot on my 4XV with new plugs, I also unscrewed the plug caps and cut 10mm off the ends of the plug leads while I was there.
All sorted mate I serviced the bike runs like brand new no flat spots at all thank you