Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pilly
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: R1 (5JJ)
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hiya

Post by Pilly »

No idea how to put up pictures, I’m old and I am still figuring out technology haha
It’s a white 2000 (5JJ) but, as I can’t do face down arse up (unless I’m tying my shoe laces lol) I’ve had the fairing removed and renthal bars put on.
I purchased it in may but made the mistake of buying with no log book so still waiting for that so I can tax it and ride it 😒
Pilly
Been Here a While

Post by Pilly »

I hope I’ve added the pictures correctly? 🤷🏻‍♀️
The last one is when I picked up the bike the other two are half way to completion

R1Clarky
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 5JJ

Post by R1Clarky »

Welcome to the madhouse Paula the 5jj is a great bike - slightly biased , another member jompy will be yer new bessie m8 cos he's also got a half-one ( naked/streetfightered R1) enjoy the forum and have a laff wiv us

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Treat everyone with respect unless they prove themselves to be Unworthy :-)
Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M

Post by Steve R1 »

Welcome to the forum Paula, cracking R1 you have and thankfully not one of them common blue or red ones Image

Remember age is but a number... and there are quite a few of us more mature members on here... remember 40 is the new 20, 50 the new 30 , 60 the new 40, etc... but with the added bonus of an additional 20 years experience ImageImage

Oh and don’t be worried about technology... most of us are useless with it and have to get the resident chimp aka Joy to help... sorry... there I go again... technology.... when I try to type jompy it comes out as Joy... Julian comes out as Julia (did you ever come out Julian?) and Paul for some strange reason comes out as Karen .... and Joy the cheeky bugger had the cheek to call moi Cilla..... don’t think he had had his tea that morning

Anyway, welcome to the madhouse, enjoy our somewhat unusual sense of humour, we generally all get along, have a laugh at each other, but the one thing this forum is excellent for... any questions just ask, someone will always be along to help, the knowledge on here is better than the entire Encyclopaedia Britannica .... is oldies will remember that at school... the young ins just google it Image

Anyway... where was I... you see when you get to my age... you go to the garage or shed, or into a room for something and when you get there you think WTF why have I come here.., so you go back to where you were... if you can remember ... get back and think... bloody ell I wanted a screwdriver... go back to the garage and think WTF.... I get most of my exercise that way.

Anyway... remembered what I was going to say..

Welcome to our biking community

Stephen ImageImage aka Cilla, Wallace (you will understand when you see me smile) or the little stormtrooper ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
Pilly
Been Here a While

Post by Pilly »

Half a bike 😂 love it! ... I’m glad I’m not the only R1 owner that’s got it naked/fightered, I was expecting a roasting for “ruining” a great machine 😂
Thank you for the warm welcome, I’m looking forward to the banter and everything else that comes with being part of a forum ☺️

And as for going into a room only to forget why you went there .... yep, I can relate! Only room I remember why I went in there is the loo 😂
jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Post by jompy »

Welcome in Paula
I hope you enjoy the forum and you're 5jj , they're cracking bikes 👍
Ruin it ! you just made a great bike better :clap:
You'll get used to the quirky nature of the forum . . . . . well actually it's more of a community these days , we even have out resident grumpy bastard Julian who i'm surprised hasn't said hello yet :think:
Theres also a few of us from the midlands area , i'm from the ?East Midlands :whistle:
Here's the Half-One
At Donington
Pilly
Been Here a While

Post by Pilly »

Great looking bike, I’m yet to get an expansion tank but it’s on the list which is a lot shorter now than it was a month ago.

I’ve never owned or ridden an R1 but the hubster has a 4XV for 4 years so, I’m a tad excited about getting mine taxed and ready to ride.

Looking forward to the quirky banter, it’s part of the fun of being a biker ain’t it lol, I don’t think I’ve been on a ride yet where we don’t take the pee out of each other for various reasons 😂
Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

Pilly wrote:Great looking bike, I’m yet to get an expansion tank but it’s on the list which is a lot shorter now than it was a month ago.

I’ve never owned or ridden an R1 but the hubster has a 4XV for 4 years so, I’m a tad excited about getting mine taxed and ready to ride.

Looking forward to the quirky banter, it’s part of the fun of being a biker ain’t it lol, I don’t think I’ve been on a ride yet where we don’t take the pee out of each other for various reasons Image
You’ll fit right in ImageImage

R1Clarky
Donator
Donator

Post by R1Clarky »

Pilly wrote:Great looking bike, I’m yet to get an expansion tank but it’s on the list which is a lot shorter now than it was a month ago.

Looking forward to the quirky banter, it’s part of the fun of being a biker ain’t it lol, I don’t think I’ve been on a ride yet where we don’t take the pee out of each other for various reasons Image
Hubster????? Are you saying ur other arf has an R1?? Is he joining too Image or are ya keeping the forum to yerself ImageImage

Pilly
Been Here a While

Post by Pilly »

My typos are horrendous 😂 I’m keeping the forum to myself - he’s no longer an R1 owner and now has a gixxer 1000 so anything he has to say don’t count, right? 😂 .... he’s one of the ones that I take the piss out of! Any pee taking memes will be appreciated 😂
R1Clarky
Donator
Donator

Post by R1Clarky »

fair play to ya, its looking like your gonna fit in here m8 , our steveR1 is infamous for his typos

Moise
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 4xv

Post by Moise »

Welcome to the forum from its most distant member, in more ways than one. :)
(I live in NZ.)

"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

1999 4xv in blue
jompy

Post by jompy »

Well you're going to like the 5jj then because as standard the 5jj has a better midrange 👍
So the hubby rides a Gixxer and he's married 🤔
So have you noticed the more you acknowledge this lot the more they'll make comments , they just like the attention 😂
Moise
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 4xv

Post by Moise »

jompy wrote:Well you're going to like the 5jj then because as standard the 5jj has a better midrange Image
So the hubby rides a Gixxer and he's married Image
Yeah, the midrange is pretty good. My 4xv has the same carb settings as a 5jj. Earlier this year I went on a group ride with about 20 bikes and after the lunch stop, found myself following a sports bike, obviously a Suzuki from how it looked from behind.

I had been taking it quietly, as you do when in a group with some people you don't know. Anyway, I noticed that the bike in front was pulling away out of corners, so I started using a few more revs and found I could keep up quite comfortably.

At the next stop, I noticed it was a Gixxer thou and asked the owner what year it was, which was 2015. It sounded like we were using similar revs, so the old 4xv did OK.
"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

1999 4xv in blue
Pilly
Been Here a While

Post by Pilly »

Well I figured out how to put a pic up but ain’t got a clue on how to do the quote thingy majigy but yes Jompy it’s not normal for a gixxer rider to be married huh, well not to a female from birth anyway 😂
Still have to take the piss out of him and the other 2 guys that ride gixxers 🤷🏻‍♀️ ... comments are cool and even better if they’re full of piss taking
R1Clarky
Donator
Donator

Post by R1Clarky »

Pilly wrote:Well I figured out how to put a pic up but ain’t got a clue on how to do the quote thingy majigy but yes Jompy it’s not normal for a gixxer rider to be married huh, well not to a female from birth anyway Image
Still have to take the piss out of him and the other 2 GAYS that ride gixxers Image ... comments are cool and even better if they’re full of piss taking
fixed it for ya ImageImageImageImage

jompy

Post by jompy »

R1Clarky wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:16 pm
Pilly wrote:Well I figured out how to put a pic up but ain’t got a clue on how to do the quote thingy majigy but yes Jompy it’s not normal for a gixxer rider to be married huh, well not to a female from birth anyway Image
Still have to take the piss out of him and the other 2 GAYS that ride gixxers Image ... comments are cool and even better if they’re full of piss taking
fixed it for ya ImageImageImageImage

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pilly
Been Here a While

Post by Pilly »

😂😂 .... thanks guys it sure looks like a bunch of guys I can’t rely on 😂😂
Steve R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Steve R1 »

R1Clarky wrote:ImageImage fair play to ya, its looking like your gonna fit in here m8 , our steveR1 is infamous for his typos Image

Well..... I’m offended... I mean... my making typong misstake... you tkan the psis mtae

Mnid you... wot u exepct wiv a bule R1 oneer

And if you can understand that.... you belong on here....

Oh and Paula.... GSXR’s ain’t that bad... FFS .... it could be a Honda... with a pipe and slipper rack... plus the optional extra ... ash tray Image

Pilly
Been Here a While

Post by Pilly »

Steve - I probably shouldn’t admit this but .... I had a Honda fireblade 🙈🤣🤣 But it’s ok, I prefer my dockers over slippers and I’ve put my big girl pants on since then 🤪
And happy to say I definitely belong here - well I did until I admitted I had a fireblade lol 😂
jompy

Post by jompy »

Pilly wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:16 pm Steve - I probably shouldn’t admit this but .... I had a Honda fireblade 🙈🤣🤣 But it’s ok, I prefer my dockers over slippers and I’ve put my big girl pants on since then 🤪
And happy to say I definitely belong here - well I did until I admitted I had a fireblade lol 😂
:lol: