New to the forum? Then say hello here
Townsend6413
Lurker
Bike Make & Model: R1
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Townsend6413 »

Hi All

Despite having my bike for a few weeks now, I have only had it on the track once. spent some coin so far though. Mike at Velox has flashed my ecu, and all good so far. Just need to decide what to do with the ABS as it will be a road goer aswell.

dog78
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: Aprilia Factory

Re: Newbie

Post by dog78 »

Welcome Townshend, the abs is not that good for track, especially the on R1. Some of the later abs as on the Aprilia and BMW seem to be ok.
Hel do a kit for it with blanking plugs, unless you want to remove the pump which will prove expensive.
With blanking plugs you won't get any error codes too.
I took everything out besides the pump, but the whole braking system is aftermarket besides the rear caliper.
I hear that Hel kit with lines and blanking plugs is quite good, probably your cheapest option 👍
Townsend6413
Lurker

Post by Townsend6413 »

Thanks dog78 for the advice. I have contacted HEL.
jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Post by jompy »

Welcome in Anthony
Enjoy the forum and the R1 👍
dog78
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: Aprilia Factory

Post by dog78 »

Townsend6413 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:46 am Thanks dog78 for the advice. I have contacted HEL.
After you blank of the pump and fit the new lines and bleed it, you may get an abs light on, don't worry it will go out when you initially ride it again, it justs checks the system and after it has done a certain speed, it's low but I can't remember now, the abs light will go out. It happened to me, it's a mentioned in the the R1 handbook.
Good luck 👍.
Townsend6413
Lurker

Post by Townsend6413 »

dog78 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:51 pm
Townsend6413 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:46 am Thanks dog78 for the advice. I have contacted HEL.
After you blank of the pump and fit the new lines and bleed it, you may get an abs light on, don't worry it will go out when you initially ride it again, it justs checks the system and after it has done a certain speed, it's low but I can't remember now, the abs light will go out. It happened to me, it's a mentioned in the the R1 handbook.
Good luck 👍.
Definitely good to know.

Thanks