Same as a Newbie

New to the forum? Then say hello here
YAMAEXUP
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: Which one?
Has thanked: 0

Same as a Newbie

Post by YAMAEXUP »

It's been so long since I was last on this forum I may as well admit to be the on the same level as a newbie....

I've been so busy with family & other stuff, mainly because we've been restricted in our normal way of life. I was s'posed to be riding down to Austria last July, but because of 'YNW', there were no Continental rides last year....& who knows if we'll be able to go anywhere this year. Maybe next year.....

I did get to ride the R1 last year & managed to clock up a fair few miles. I also rode the Exup-R when I needed to take a passenger. The other bikes have sat under covers, waiting for the opportunity to get out & about. Due to lockdown I started doing a deepclean/chassis service on the dirt bike. This is ongoing as it's a bit difficult to work on the bike with the shed being a bit topsy-turvey. One day i'll get the shed how I really want it, which is far from how things are atm.

Being a grandad also has its ups & downs. Lockdown & Tier restrictions has meant we can't get to see the little one, who is now three. She's a little darling & we look forward to hearing her laughing & chuckling again.

So all manner of cancellations have already occurred. The Isle of Man TT, the Isle of Wight TT, the Excel Bike Show, the Mayday Run. Unless things dramatically change in the meantime.

Best wishes to all that i've met on here before.

jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Re: Same as a Newbie

Post by jompy »

Welcome back Tim 👍