Post in Here for Ride Outs and meets in Europe
Austin
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 5PW
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

TT Assen Moto GP?

Post by Austin »

Anyone doing GP at Assen this year? Me and my old man are trying to organise something but proving difficult to sort camping/hotel so far... Or has anyone done this the last couple of years and can recommend somewhere to stay??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Siamblue
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: 55 plate R1 5VY

Re: TT Assen Moto GP?

Post by Siamblue »

I am wanting to go,but as yourself i haven't planned anything yet,it would be good to camp somewhere to keep the costs down..
Akras & a QS what a soundtrack..
Haga08
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 06 + 08

Post by Haga08 »

Siamblue wrote:I am wanting to go,but as yourself i haven't planned anything yet,it would be good to camp somewhere to keep the costs down..

Here are few camping options... the first is an indoor camping option right outside the entrance, I have never used it and although the website is in Dutch, just phone the number as most Dutchmen speak English. Second link is an a review in English.
http://www.tt-hall.nl/agendaitem/135_15 ... mping.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.bookmoto.com/mt-netherlands/reviews.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and a few other options with English web sites:
http://ww2.bsbassen.com/accommodation.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.campingdeommekeer.com/english/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here another site that looks like Youth hostel sort of thing (Double room on floor with shared bathroom) for 46 euro Unfortunately in German.. but again just look up on Google and call direct.
Pension Cafe Tivoli and within 20km of Track.

Hope this helps.
If you're not living on the edge... You're taking up too much space!
Siamblue
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: 55 plate R1 5VY

Post by Siamblue »

Haga08 wrote:
Siamblue wrote:I am wanting to go,but as yourself i haven't planned anything yet,it would be good to camp somewhere to keep the costs down..

Here are few camping options... the first is an indoor camping option right outside the entrance, I have never used it and although the website is in Dutch, just phone the number as most Dutchmen speak English. Second link is an a review in English.
http://www.tt-hall.nl/agendaitem/135_15 ... mping.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.bookmoto.com/mt-netherlands/reviews.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and a few other options with English web sites:
http://ww2.bsbassen.com/accommodation.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.campingdeommekeer.com/english/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here another site that looks like Youth hostel sort of thing (Double room on floor with shared bathroom) for 46 euro Unfortunately in German.. but again just look up on Google and call direct.
Pension Cafe Tivoli and within 20km of Track.

Hope this helps.

Thanks mate you are a star,will look into it,just told the wife to get her passport renewed or i am going on my own lol...
Akras & a QS what a soundtrack..
Austin
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 5PW

Post by Austin »

We wanted to do the Isle of Man TT but getting a ferry ticket and accommodation is near on impossible now! So we thinking of doing the Moto gp at assen. Found a few campsites which are about 5 miles of track. Think we going to book tunnel this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tallulajc
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 14be

Post by tallulajc »

Defo going this year .. we stayed in a camp site in Westerbork last year ... great little town ... super restaurants ... 10km from track but you can still hear the bikes. Really convenient. They had B&Bs too ... don't know if you are camping or looking for some luxury ??
Search anywhere in the Midden Drenthe region and its all close to the track.

http://www.expedia.co.uk/TT-Circuit-Ass ... ter-Hotels" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great camp site - http://www.campingmiddendrenthe.nl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Without risk there is no adventure
'I need men for some things, riding a motorbike is not one of them'
Casey (Boris)
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: 2004 R1 5pw

Post by Casey (Boris) »

I'm thinking of doing BSB but can't decide ferry or channel tunnel? Never been abroad on the bike so what do I need apart from European cover.
3Sheds
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: R1 2014

Post by 3Sheds »

One thing I would say , get yourself into Assen town on Friday night, the place is rocking, lots of live bands on stages in the squares. A lot of bars put up beer tents outside their bars as it gets very crowded.
The campsites around the circuit are full of Germans and get very, very noisy, you can forget about sleep.
3Sheds
Been Here a While

Post by 3Sheds »

Ooops just noticed your talking about BSB, much quieter, been twice camping near the circuit.
Casey (Boris)
Been here too long

TT Assen Moto GP?

Post by Casey (Boris) »

3Sheds wrote:Ooops just noticed your talking about BSB, much quieter, been twice camping near the circuit.
How much was the camping & did you go via tunnel or ferry?
Shiny-ShoesYZF
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model:

Post by Shiny-ShoesYZF »

It's about a 1.5 hour ride for me, but haven't decided if I'm going this year yet. Let me know if you get 'stuck' with anything.
Coffee and buns may be available if you pass Utrecht.
3Sheds
Been Here a While

Post by 3Sheds »

I stayed here ..
http://www.tt-camping-seinen.nl/agenda.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

a bit pricey but close to circuit (15 min walk) and there is a bar on site which serves food.

I travel to NL about twice a month so have used all of the routes, usually just pick the cheapest, which is usually DFDS to Dunkerque. Eurotunnel is my first choice but they are normally very expensive , they do a 3 and 5 day saver which brings the cost down a bit.
PJC
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: GSXR1000K5 5PW

Post by PJC »

Or ride to Newcastle, take the ferry to the Dam and party as you sail ;) Bet that one hasn't crossed your mind before :lol:

Tuck in behind me, i'll show you the best place to crash

Stopped drinking, smoking, taking drugs and running sex parties, luckily ive still bikes to corrupt me 8-)
3Sheds
Been Here a While

Post by 3Sheds »

Party ...Party ...at my age ! although if they do a Grab a Grannie crossing might be interested.
Casey (Boris)
Been here too long

Post by Casey (Boris) »

Do you have to have a breathalyser & first aid kit on the bike?
Shiny-ShoesYZF
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model:

Post by Shiny-ShoesYZF »

Casey (Boris) wrote:Do you have to have a breathalyser & first aid kit on the bike?
Sort of. The breathalyser requirement in France applies to motorised vehicles, but there's no sanction, which makes it fairly safe to ignore. The reflective helmet (fnarr fnarr) is new for me though (see URL below). As far as I know, a first aid kit isn't compulsory, but a compact camping one from millets or something would take up next to no space.

The Netherlands has no requirement for either breathalyser or first aid kit. Do be aware though that speeding fines are very steep and "on the spot" for foreigners and more than 50km/30mph above the limit means an instant ban effective immediately - you will be made to leave your bike at the roadside if there's no-one with a licence who can ride it for you.
http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/ov ... untry.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
maddogsween
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: Yam R1 14

Post by maddogsween »

Austin wrote:Anyone doing GP at Assen this year? Me and my old man are trying to organise something but proving difficult to sort camping/hotel so far... Or has anyone done this the last couple of years and can recommend somewhere to stay??

Hi,

I have booked a guest house for Assen and have been let down with my arrangements, was thinking of riding there. If anyone is interested?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Shiny-ShoesYZF
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model:

Post by Shiny-ShoesYZF »

PJC wrote:Or ride to Newcastle, take the ferry to the Dam and party as you sail ;) Bet that one hasn't crossed your mind before Image
Be sensible(ish) though - the last couple of years they've been breathalysing people (especially bikers) coming off the ferries during TT week, especially Hoek van Holland.
pinnit
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: BMW1000RR

Post by pinnit »

damm those drunken, north people, falling down coming off ferry :clap: :clap:
Djuwenda
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: 4xv

Post by Djuwenda »

I used to live round the corner in Sneek.

if I can give a piece of advice to anyone going and intending to ride the aafsluitdijk (the big motorway in the sea that connects the north of holland to the friesland region) is to keep your speed down.

Because its just a long piece (15 miles) of motorway lost in the middle of the sea, its tempting to open up, but the cops normally set a speed trap on it and will wait for you at the end. Every year there are some catastrophically high scores recorded!

word to the wise.
to the hedge and beyond.
Shiny-ShoesYZF
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model:

Post by Shiny-ShoesYZF »

+1

Also, if they stop you and ban you (50kmh too fast) it is with immediate effect and they WILL make you leave it at the roadside if you can't find another rider. They are friendly enough that they'll sometimes drive you to a cash machine for your fine though.

I have a friend *ahem* who generally aims to keep it under 170kph.
Djuwenda
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: 4xv

Post by Djuwenda »

I once got nicked on a dual carriageway connecting the north car parks to Schiphol airport doing just over twice the posted limit.
my fault, assumed the limit was 120, turned out to be 70kph due to the possibility of airport vehicles using it.

Long story short, the dutch cops were ok and let me keep bike and licence... they only relieved me of £600, cash there and then.

I know it sounds like a lot, but it seemed a much better option than the bike being impounded, licence consfiscated andthan going to court. I just paid the readies, they kindly gave me a lift back to my bike and that was the end of it.
to the hedge and beyond.