Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 24 users online :: 7 registered, 0 hidden and 17 guests

Most users ever online was 216 on Fri May 16, 2014 5:50 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Chinny, Danf1, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Pierre_08, R1Clarky based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

oil change... crush washer

General discussions about pretty much anything bike related.

oil change... crush washer

PostAuthor: jayj » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:14 am

Ok, so this relates to an R6, 2007 - however don't believe its model specific so hopefully posted in the right place.
I just bought an R6, 2007 - lovely bike. As usual, i check new to me bikes over and service as required. In this case, oil, pads etc. While the oil seemed fresh, the history did not include a recent oil change so i decided to change oil and filter. No problem I thought. Strip the bike to access sump and filter and proceeded to drop the oil and remove the filter. I did not have a crush washer to hand and the bike did not have one fitted - odd i thought. I did have a KTM 450 copper crush washer to hand so used this and torqued to yam spec (31ftlb i think). Now I'm bothering myself, will that be ok? Thoughts appreciated even off not on this topic :)
Yamah R6 - 2007, just right as it is (SC can makes a nice noise)
KTM 1190 - All the extras, full bashplate and bars, Akro, and the wife likes it too...
2013 R1 - 14b - Gilles, decat, modified cans, asv's, 50th anniversary - Lorenzo paint job
Two Brothers cans and some carbon guards (now gone)

jayj
Been Here a While

Topics: 10
Been liked: 71 times
Bike Make & Model: R6, 1190A, cbr400rr

WARNING

This thread has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and/or logged in to view this response.

Register or Login

Return to General Bike Chat