Navigator
Sub Menu
Online Users

In total there are 17 users online :: 7 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests

Most users ever online was 216 on Fri May 16, 2014 5:50 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], carsonr6, Google [Bot], Iamwilko, nice1myson, saiful93, T1DKY based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

Shooting in Prague

We love bike pictures, post pictures of your loved one here

Shooting in Prague

PostAuthor: jompy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:10 pm

Warning ! Pic heavy !!
I've always liked guns ! Before I met Jen I was in to airsoft and I still have my airsoft kit .
I've played lots of computer/console FPS games and there's a number weapons platforms that were on my bucket list , but now I've sorted a good chunk of that :dance:
Yes we will be going back :whistle:
We were picked up from the hotel by a bulky ( definitely ex-military looking ) young guy in a newish black , blacked out BMW and taken on the 30-40 minute drive ( which to be fair I think should have been an hours drive - at this point I was wondering if they also did tactical driving courses ) to the shooting range . When we got there the police were already on the pistol range practicing .
Jen's never fired a gun before and the last gun I fired was a bolt action .22 rimfire at the shooting range my dad used when I was 12 years old .
The rifle range was the standard 30 meters .
We had a 4 gun package and started off with the AR-15 (M-16/M-4) They guy told us it was the same as the police spec and was 9mm instead of the standard 5.56 .
Jen up first with the AR-15 with red dot sight 9mm
Jen's AR-15 target
Me with the AR-15
My AR-15 target
Jen firing the AKM (AK-47 7.62x39mm) iron sights
I was giggling to myself like a little school girl as Jen yelped slightly at the difference in noise and kick from the 9mm round to the 7.62mm :lol:
The AKM which is a newer version ( still old ) of the AK-47 7.62x39mm , if I can get this the right way round the difference between the two is the original AK-47 had stamped (pressed) receivers which were hard to produce , they then used machined receivers but in 1959 they updated the weapon calling it "M" for modernized the AKM reverted to an improved stamped receiver . These days when you see an AK-47 it's more than likely an AKM or it maybe the AK-74 which entered service in 1979 using the 5.45x39mm round .
Jen's AKM target
Me with the AKM
My AKM target
Next up just for shits n giggles was the pump action shotgun 5 rounds each
Jen
Me
And so on to the rifle Jen had really been looking forward too . . . .
The Dragonov sniper rifle !
SVD-63 7.62x54mm
5 rounds each on a 100 meter range
Jen
Jen hitting the target , 5 out of 5 :clap: Image
Me
We were then taken back to where we fired the AK & AR to a table full of guns that I had seen but only got a crap photo , we were then given prices for shooting these guns .
The stuff that I remember on the table .
Beretta 92F
44 magnum
Desert Eagle
Uzi
Mac 10
Kriss Vector
MP-40 schmeisser
M1 carbine
M-14
M-16A1
MP5
AKS-74U
Mosin-Nagant Model 1891 bolt-action rifle
SLR
Czechoslovak ZGB 33 light machine gun forerunner to the Bren
Jen decided she liked the look of the Vector
And I just had to try the mighty SLR !
We both shot the same target , you can see which strikes were made by the SLR by the bigger holes :lol:
We both loved Prague and the friendliness off the people , we'd love to return and if we do we'll be going back to the shooting range with more monopoly money :whistle:
The table of dreams
jompy

Topics: 390
Been liked: 6003 times
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

WARNING

This thread has 35 replies

You must be a registered member and/or logged in to view this response.

Register or Login

Return to The Gallery