Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: RVF400
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hi folks!

Post by manicguitarist »

New guy to the forum here.
Not new to R1s.
In fact, my claim to fame is that I was the first person in the UK to write an R1 off.
:oops:

Ahem. That was a long time ago though - the morale of the story there is don't go ram-raiding on a motorbike (I lost the front end in a car park...I slid through a window of a car shop head first...I was fine [Huzzah for race leathers!] - but the R1 hit a ram-raid post...it wasn't so fine). So yeah, my first R1, an R reg red & white one....I've got a small piece of the fairing left from that.

:)

I got the replacement to that one in the October - an S reg blue one. And I've had it ever since. :)

I used to take part *a lot* on an R1 forum that was based in the USA - in fact I got my white tacho dial from a guy off there - a guy called Santo Janiotti (or something like that) - that too was a very long time ago. Happy daze. Since then, not really taken part in forums (fora? ) - just ridden.

I'll own up - I've joined here because I'm selling my beloved R1 - I got a new bike last summer and the R1 hasn't really had a look in since. (If you're interested I got myself an RVF400 - I can reach the floor on that one...I've only got little legs :D - in fact for the first time in 16yrs I can reach the floor on my motorbike!).

I'll put an ad in the bikes for sale bit...in the meanwhile here are my babies:

I've removed the "46" logo from the back - that had been put there by the previous owner and this was taken the day of purchase

So...anyways...I hope I've not caused too much :naughty: by trucking up here to sell my R1...apologies if I have.

samr1

Re: Hi folks!

Post by samr1 »

Hi quite an intro welcome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
LOCKE
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 2009 YZF R1 14B

Post by LOCKE »

Welcome in mate. Just here to sell? Hope not or the vultures will be circling as we speak! ;)

Colin
14B. Enough Said.

HEL Pirelli Akrapovic Brembo Gilles Tooling Pro-Bolt GBRacing PCV Renthal K&N
manicguitarist
Been Here a While

Post by manicguitarist »

I did just come here to sell - but it looks like a friendly place...depends if I'd still be welcome after selling my R1...

I'm always looking for folks to ride out with -

Eeeeee....(puts flat cap on) back in't day....it seemed that all my friends rode motorbikes and we ride in a group of 20 or so upto the Lake District..every set of traffic lights it was like the front row at Assen and Foggy chasing Edwards down... :) . Now it is just me. Still....even if on your own, a long ride in the sun can't be bettered!

Shiny-ShoesYZF
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model:

Post by Shiny-ShoesYZF »

manicguitarist wrote:New guy to the forum here.
Not new to R1s.
In fact, my claim to fame is that I was the first person in the UK to write an R1 off.
:oops:

Ahem. That was a long time ago though - the morale of the story there is don't go ram-raiding on a motorbike (I lost the front end in a car park...I slid through a window of a car shop head first...I was fine [Huzzah for race leathers!] - but the R1 hit a ram-raid post...it wasn't so fine). So yeah, my first R1, an R reg red & white one....I've got a small piece of the fairing left from that.

I got the replacement to that one in the October - an S reg blue one. And I've had it ever since. :)

I used to take part *a lot* on an R1 forum that was based in the USA - in fact I got my white tacho dial from a guy off there - a guy called Santo Janiotti (or something like that) - that too was a very long time ago. Happy daze. Since then, not really taken part in forums (fora? ) - just ridden.

I'll own up - I've joined here because I'm selling my beloved R1 - I got a new bike last summer and the R1 hasn't really had a look in since. (If you're interested I got myself an RVF400 - I can reach the floor on that one...I've only got little legs :D - in fact for the first time in 16yrs I can reach the floor on my motorbike!).

I'll put an ad in the bikes for sale bit...in the meanwhile here are my babies:

I've removed the "46" logo from the back - that had been put there by the previous owner and this was taken the day of purchase

So...anyways...I hope I've not caused too much :naughty: by trucking up here to sell my R1...apologies if I have.
I'll let you off somewhat due to a better than average intro story.Image
Looks nice - get the details and some more photos up then!
jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Post by jompy »

Welcome in Mark
Shame your getting rid of the R1 & even though it's a Honda the RVF looks in good Nick , stick around you may enjoy it here .
ohhh and great first post
PJC
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: GSXR1000K5 5PW

Post by PJC »

Honesty is the best policy. ;)

Tuck in behind me, i'll show you the best place to crash

Stopped drinking, smoking, taking drugs and running sex parties, luckily ive still bikes to corrupt me 8-)
petepassion
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: YamaharZX6R

Post by petepassion »

Hello, welcome
...I'm Just a passenger
manicguitarist
Been Here a While

Post by manicguitarist »

jompy wrote:Welcome in Mark
Shame your getting rid of the R1 & even though it's a Honda the RVF looks in good Nick , stick around you may enjoy it here .
ohhh and great first post
:) It does seem like a friendly place.

I've loved my R1 - and you can't help but feel really bad-ass cruising around on an R1...and wheelies! Wheelies! They are big and they are clever. Open the throttle hard in the 1st 3 gears and .....up she comes.

The RVF doesn't do that. I also miss the head shakes and the general "Beavis and Butthead" of the R1...but I've had both bikes for 8 months now...and the R1 is just sitting in a corner.

The RVF is the smallest (both physically and capacity wise) bike I've ever owned (previous in order: GPZ500S, ZZR600, Ducati 900SS, YZF750, R1) - but I'm having a blast on it. Ok, I might have to change down 3 gears before an overtake where on the R1 my main concern would be "don't flip it over" - but I'm enjoying her.

If the R1 is Hooch out of Turner & Hooch - the RVF is a springer spaniel :D

If the R1 doesn't sell then I'm easy about it - I have the space to store her - I just think it is wrong that such an awesome bike isn't being ridden.

I blame my parents for my being a short-ass. With a 28" inside leg - there are *no* modern sports bikes that I can even get off of the side stand - I went to the bike show last year with a view to buying the most exotic bike I could fit on (it had been a *really* good year for my company) - I looked at a Panigale - couldn't reach the floor at all. :violin:

:D

I saw the RVF quite by accident - I was looking for an RC45 when I saw it. It has one previous owner and has been maintained like my R1 has - no expense spared - and the guy just wasn't riding it.

Has a surprising amount of grunt too - obviously it isn't gonna beat the R1 if push comes to shove - but around the twisties I'm as fast as I ever was. Ok, maybe I'm not that fast - but I'm having fun. :D
PJC
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: GSXR1000K5 5PW

Post by PJC »

I love 400's had a GSXR400RRMSP GK76A, I am 6ft3 so the reverse issue to you. I raced 2x ZXR400's bang for bucks, only beaten by a 2 smoke ;)

Tuck in behind me, i'll show you the best place to crash

Stopped drinking, smoking, taking drugs and running sex parties, luckily ive still bikes to corrupt me 8-)
Moise
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 4xv

Post by Moise »

I'm 6'1 so have never had your problem with seat height, just the opposite.

Your 4xv looks very clean. Good ones are likely to go up in value so maybe you should keep it as an investment and for a wheelie fix!
"You don't get slower with age, you just get more cautious." Michael Rutter

1999 4xv in blue
Luke03R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 5PW/4C8/SRAD750

Post by Luke03R1 »

The rvf looks great, I've been tempted to buy another vfr400 or such like for the road, I can definitely see your thinking it's plenty grunt for the road
samr1

Post by samr1 »

28" inside leg, Bub & Steve r1 u got a new recruit !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
manicguitarist
Been Here a While

Post by manicguitarist »

Moise wrote:I'm 6'1 so have never had your problem with seat height, just the opposite.

Your 4xv looks very clean. Good ones are likely to go up in value so maybe you should keep it as an investment and for a wheelie fix!

Yes - the 4xv is in showroom condition. If it doesn't sell - I'll just mothball it and store safely... :)
Bub
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bike Make & Model: S1000rr R1 GSX750

Post by Bub »

Nice intro and pics pal, not gonna be easy parting with that seeing as you've had it for a while, out of interest how much are you looking for ??

Sam you cheaky fooker you are shorted than me :o

SEND ME A PM TO BE ADDED TO THE FORUM MEMBERS MAP
samr1

Post by samr1 »

In ur dreams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jompy
Bike Make & Model: 98 4xv Half-One

Post by jompy »

There's a few on here with short legs , I don't see the need in having both feet on the floor , it'd be nice . . Ahem . . . . For some people but not the be all & end all , you just have to learn better clutch control , balance & get off it to push it back
manicguitarist
Been Here a While

Post by manicguitarist »

Bub wrote:Nice intro and pics pal, not gonna be easy parting with that seeing as you've had it for a while, out of interest how much are you looking for ??

As much as I can.

I'll start negotiations at £2500
manicguitarist
Been Here a While

Post by manicguitarist »

jompy wrote:There's a few on here with short legs , I don't see the need in having both feet on the floor , it'd be nice . . Ahem . . . . For some people but not the be all & end all , you just have to learn better clutch control , balance & get off it to push it back

I've ridden the R1 for the last 17yrs....but on a panigale I couldn't even get it off the sidestand!
Bub
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bub »

manicguitarist wrote:
Bub wrote:Nice intro and pics pal, not gonna be easy parting with that seeing as you've had it for a while, out of interest how much are you looking for ??

As much as I can.

I'll start negotiations at £2500
If we are in negotiations i'll give you £1500

Bub
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bub »

samr1 wrote:In ur dreams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, ask Jeff he will confirm

Steve R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1M

Post by Steve R1 »

Welcome in mark, I have replied to your post in seat heights but sorry I missed your excellent opening post :clap:

That is one mint R1 yiu have there and I would guess you will have no trouble selling it , so good luck with that :P

Not everyone on here rides a Yamaha, we do have some honda members and at the end of the day a bike is a bike and we are all mad about bikes, so don't be a stranger. Btw love the RVF, I would have kept the 46 though :lol:

As I say don't be a stranger and enjoy your new toy :lol:

Steve aka CILLA for some reason unbeknown to me
Dogs leave paw prints in our hearts
TheDarkSide69
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: yamaha r1 2005 x3

Post by TheDarkSide69 »

hi
Charliecloud
Lurker
Bike Make & Model: NA

Post by Charliecloud »

I had a RVF 400 = great little motor and handles great - can surprise bigger engined bikes when it comes to the twisties :D
hash29
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: yamaha r1 2014

Post by hash29 »

Welcome Mark, stick around and enjoy as this isnt just a forum its more a friends hang out.
we now have 4 so just need 3 more to make up the 7 for our xmas play :shifty: :lol: :lol: :lol: