BSR67
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: YZF-R1 5JJ
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Back after a long break!

Post by BSR67 »

Dear All,

I thought I'd go on the Newbies section to re-introduce myself, on the basis I've not been on for around 7 years!

I owned a 4XV between 2003 and 2004, and then bought a 5JJ which I owned between 2015 and 2019 when I sold it to buy an S1000R. That has now gone because I've definitely grown up and bought an R1200GS!! But, I've always been a Yamaha person at heart.

So, I've just bought a 2004 5VY as something of a fixer upper (as our American brethren call it!). It's blue, done 41,658 miles and is a little down at heel having clearly had a life. I bought it without MOT and have a number of jobs to do from investigating cooling issues, to placing a number of items back to standard, including the exhaust system (will be selling the Yoshimura end cans and link pipe soon if anyone interested!), footrests, indicators and so on. The wheels need refurbishing and parts of the fairing leave a little to be desired, but, I will turn it back into a decent bike.

So, it's a sort of Newbie thing ....... !

I've received some great advice on here in the past so looking forward to the same, just a few years later.

Thanks

Alex