R1 yzf 4xv no ignition no lights no relays clicking and neutral light permanently on with key in off position

New to the forum? Then say hello here
Yam r1 rich
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha r1 1999 4xv
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

R1 yzf 4xv no ignition no lights no relays clicking and neutral light permanently on with key in off position

Post by Yam r1 rich »

Hi All! I'm hoping that I've come to the right place for some help!!
I have a R1 1999 4xv that's been sat for approx 7yrs. Over the past few months I've been doing a nut bolt & service on it including clutch & brakes etc...
I thought I was in the position to start it but its sadly not the case.
There is not 1 electrical thing on the bike which works other than the neutral light which stays permanently light up even when the key is in the off position! I have to remove the 30amp fuse under the seat to knock it off. I only know the very basics with wiring issues. Things I have done to it are:
New battery, plugs, air filter, carb rebuild, chain & sprockets, all filters, all fluids, new fuses, new radiator, nuts & bolts etc...
I hope one of you clever lot can give me hand in the right direction, I'm desperate to get back on the road after 7yrs! Cheers guys. Rich

newsh
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: R1 2015

Re: R1 yzf 4xv no ignition no lights no relays clicking and neutral light permanently on with key in off position

Post by newsh »

Hi Rich
First thing I would look at is the big white connector under the left fairing. These are prone to corrosion but can be cleaned and or replaced. Unplug that connector and have a look at the pins. Post some pics if poss.
Old enough to know better.
newsh
Been here too long

Re: R1 yzf 4xv no ignition no lights no relays clicking and neutral light permanently on with key in off position

Post by newsh »

Also check the fuse in the starter relay.
newsh
Been here too long

Post by newsh »

Yam r1 rich wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:26 pm Hi All! I'm hoping that I've come to the right place for some help!!
I have a R1 1999 4xv that's been sat for approx 7yrs. Over the past few months I've been doing a nut bolt & service on it including clutch & brakes etc...
I thought I was in the position to start it but its sadly not the case.
There is not 1 electrical thing on the bike which works other than the neutral light which stays permanently light up even when the key is in the off position! I have to remove the 30amp fuse under the seat to knock it off. I only know the very basics with wiring issues. Things I have done to it are:
New battery, plugs, air filter, carb rebuild, chain & sprockets, all filters, all fluids, new fuses, new radiator, nuts & bolts etc...
I hope one of you clever lot can give me hand in the right direction, I'm desperate to get back on the road after 7yrs! Cheers guys. Rich
Any progress?