Forum Charity Raffle

Useful tips for using the site. forum Etiquette, how to stay on the right side of the moderators & admins. How to post images, videos, and more.
2002r1jon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bike Make & Model: Yam R1 5PW and BMW

Forum Charity Raffle

Post by 2002r1jon »

Guys and Girls,here we have the forum charity raffle,its for a genuinely good cause,all proceeds will go to the charity(Ward e38 at the Queens Med,Notts)(Edited,my mistake) link coming soon

This idea came up a few months ago,as one of our Members(Mark(Masho)) Grandson is being treated for Cancer

Oliver has just turned 6 on the 12of June.The cancer is called rhabdomyosarcoma and he has been having treatment for 13months chemo ,radiotherapy,8 hour op to remove tumour at present he is on what is called maintenance chemo which is every three weeks for the next couple of months then it is fingers crossed for the next five years if it comes back they can't do anything for him.
Oliver is the cool one wearing the cap,the Bald uncool one is his grandad,Mark(Masho) :D

If your anything like me,this story will tug at your heart strings,no one deserves to have a disease like this especially some one so young and innocent

Tickets are £10 each,prizes are the following

BSB Review Book(Donated by Pirelli) http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/gb/en/homepage.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pirelli Podium Cap(not available to be bought i believe)(Donated by Pirelli) http://www.pirelli.com/tyre/gb/en/homepage.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Voucher for a free set of brake lines for an R1 or R6(Donated by Goodridge) http://goodridge.brakes-hoses-fittings.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Family ticket for a club meeting at rockingham(Donated by Rockingham Race Circuit) http://www.rockingham.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have an agreement from MSV also( a free trackday voucher up to £100)(Confirmed) http://www.msvtrackdays.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
4 x Nick Sanders DVD's (donated by Nick Sanders himself - http://nicksanders.com/cms/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )
A pair of RST Track Tech Evo gloves, any size, any colour kindly donated by Essex Bikers Centre
Second is a forum Beanie donated by Bub himself
A "BikeTech" KitBag,kindly donated by Rtuna ;)
A Helmet paint job has been kindly donated by our member Steve600RR(http://www.blownawaycustoms.co.uk/Helmets/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;),all he has asked is that the cost of the paint be covered by the winner,but all labour will be free
More prizes to be added

If you would like a ticket,please send me your money(£10 a ticket) to 2002r1jon@yamahar.co.uk paypal account and please put in a note stating that its for the Raffle(otherwise we may get confused and think its a donation),and PM me also,then i can reply with your raffle ticket number(s)

I will soon have a raffle book,so will chuck all the tickets that get bought into a hat,and Mark will be able to pick out the winners,i will post up a closing date for this in the next week

Thanks boys n girls,remember this is for charity and a very worthy cause,lets all chip in and make the forum donation a big one :D

It has also been mentioned that we may even do a mass ride to the hospital for when Oliver is there,but we need to confirm this with Mark first(just letting peeps know,so we maybe could get a good number of us together to show our support

EDIT**Just got this msg off Mark,if you read this you will note that there could be one of two causes that the monies will go to,but both for the same outcome really
"Jon its ward e38 at the queens med which is the childrens cancer ward I will contact them for a link or the Lewis Mighty fund which was my brothers 7 year old son who died on the same ward last year again I will get a link for you money is still being raised in his name which goes to families going through this sh!t to help them get a break away from chemo with there children a very worth while cause."

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway
Luke03R1
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 5PW/4C8/SRAD750
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Forum Charity Raffle

Post by Luke03R1 »

Good cause I'm in ;)
09R1Weapon
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 2009 Yamaha R1

Post by 09R1Weapon »

Count me in .. Great cause... Money sent ..
Good luck hopefully get a lot of donations ..
Last edited by 09R1Weapon on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Angel on one..... Image Devil on the other
masho46
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: 2014 bmw s1000rr

Post by masho46 »

Nice one Jon and any guys backing this cause I am going to put a pic up tomorrow from facebook if I can work it out, of me and the two grandsons. :romance-grouphug:
make the most of today because tomorrow is promised to no one.
Luke03R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Luke03R1 »

masho46 wrote:Nice one Jon and any guys backing this cause I am going to put a pic up tomorrow from facebook if I can work it out, of me and the two grandsons. :romance-grouphug:
From fb just right click on pick then copy image location, click image tab on your post on ere then paste between the img's ;)
masho46
Been here too long

Post by masho46 »

2002r1jon wrote:Guys and Girls,here we have the forum charity raffle,its for a genuinely good cause,all proceeds will go to the charity(Ward e38 at the Queens Med,Notts)(Edited,my mistake) link coming soon

This idea came up a few months ago,as one of our Members(Mark(Masho)) Grandson is being treated for Cancer

Oliver has just turned 6 on the 12of June.The cancer is called rhabdomyosarcoma and he has been having treatment for 13months chemo ,radiotherapy,8 hour op to remove tumour at present he is on what is called maintenance chemo which is every three weeks for the next couple of months then it is fingers crossed for the next five years if it comes back they can't do anything for him.
Oliver is the cool one wearing the cap,the Bald uncool one is his grandad,Mark(Masho) :D

If your anything like me,this story will tug at your heart strings,no one deserves to have a disease like this especially some one so young and innocent

Tickets are £10 each,prizes are the following
What do you mean Jon that's the coolest I have ever looked. ;)

BSB Review Book(Donated by Pirelli)
Pirelli Podium Cap(not available to be bought i believe)(Donated by Pirelli)
Voucher for a free set of brake lines for an R1 or R6(Donated by Goodridge)
Family ticket for a club meeting at rockingham(Donated by Rockingham Race Circuit)
I have an agreement from MSV also(hopefully a free trackday) that i just need to confirm
Bub also has a prize and Mike has a couple at least(ill let them post them up)

If you would like a ticket,please send me your money(£10 a ticket) to 2002r1jon@yamahar.co.uk paypal account and please put in a note stating that its for the Raffle(otherwise we may get confused and think its a donation),and PM me also,then i can reply with your raffle ticket number(s)

I will soon have a raffle book,so will chuck all the tickets that get bought into a hat,and Mark will be able to pick out the winners,i will post up a closing date for this in the next week

Thanks boys n girls,remember this is for charity and a very worthy cause,lets all chip in and make the forum donation a big one :D

It has also been mentioned that we may even do a mass ride to the hospital for when Oliver is there,but we need to confirm this with Mark first(just letting peeps know,so we maybe could get a good number of us together to show our support

EDIT**Just got this msg off Mark,if you read this you will note that there could be one of two causes that the monies will go to,but both for the same outcome really
"Jon its ward e38 at the queens med which is the childrens cancer ward I will contact them for a link or the Lewis Mighty fund which was my brothers 7 year old son who died on the same ward last year again I will get a link for you money is still being raised in his name which goes to families going through this sh!t to help them get a break away from chemo with there children a very worth while cause."
Scrapman
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 4C8 07

Post by Scrapman »

Tickets bought, now it's fingers Xed for all parties concerned.

Suck, Squeeze, Bang & Blow.
r1Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bike Make & Model: R1 2CR,14B,4XV

Post by r1Mike »

I have 4 Nick Saunders DVD's to be added to this to be given out as 4 seperate prizes to raffle ticket holders.
Big thanks to Nick Saunders for donating the DVD's http://nicksanders.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-------------
2016 R1 - Spark Ti Decat/end can, FTecu flash & Blipper. ActiveTune, carbon wheels
2006 R1 - ProjectBike
1998 R1 - Stock
1994 NSR250se MC28 HRC ignition card, derestricted for full power.
All parts supplied by us - http://www.veloxracing.com
Bub
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bike Make & Model: S1000rr R1 GSX750

Post by Bub »

I have Two prizes for the Raffle

1st a pair of RST Track Tech Evo gloves, any size, any colour kindly donated by Essex Bikers Centre

Second is a forum Beanie donated by myself

SEND ME A PM TO BE ADDED TO THE FORUM MEMBERS MAP
Scrapman
Donator
Donator

Post by Scrapman »

I would be happy to win any of these items but I would be most happy if Oliver gets better.
If hope, good will and understanding were medicinal then Oliver would be strong as an Ox :clap:

masho46
Been here too long

Post by masho46 »

Scrapman wrote:I would be happy to win any of these items but I would be most happy if Oliver gets better.
If hope, good will and understanding were medicinal then Oliver would be strong as an Ox :clap:
All of this good will and kind thoughts will be passed onto him from myself guys. :clap: :clap:
Bub
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bike Make & Model: S1000rr R1 GSX750

Post by Bub »

Tickets purchased :D

SEND ME A PM TO BE ADDED TO THE FORUM MEMBERS MAP
2002r1jon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 2002r1jon »

If each member buys just one ticket each,then we will have raised over 5K :shock: im sure we can all afford that cant we,just £10 each ;)

2002r1jon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 2002r1jon »

The interview with Oliver and his Mum in our local Paper yesterday
http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Coura ... z2XRIpwOFG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mahoney
Been Here a While
Bike Make & Model: Ducati 848

Post by Mahoney »

Tickets purchased - hope you raise loads.
Scrapman
Donator
Donator

Post by Scrapman »

When does the raffle close.
And what's this talk of a ride out to the hospital ?

2002r1jon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 2002r1jon »

Scrapman wrote:When does the raffle close.
1.Have to yet decide Steve,probably run it for a couple of weeks :D

2.Just something someone suggested a while back,just throwing it in to judge interest really

Chinny
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 2010 YZFR1 14B

Post by Chinny »

2002r1jon wrote:
Scrapman wrote:When does the raffle close.
1.Have to yet decide Steve,probably run it for a couple of weeks :D

2.Just something someone suggested a while back,just throwing it in to judge interest really

Jon where's the hospital & if the ride out happens , you got any dates in mind?
PJC
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: GSXR1000K5 5PW

Post by PJC »

Tickets bought, thoughts with all who suffer this awful disease.

I mentioned a ride out when we first became aware of Oliver, Mark commented that he is not into bikes. Saying that if a load of us turned up on our bikes with toys and teddies I am fairly sure there would be a few who would enjoy it :?: :!:

Tuck in behind me, i'll show you the best place to crash

Stopped drinking, smoking, taking drugs and running sex parties, luckily ive still bikes to corrupt me 8-)
2002r1jon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 2002r1jon »

Friday 12th July,there will be a draw for the "Family Rockingham Race Ticket",as this will need to be used this season :D

The following draws will be continued from Friday 26th July(whats peeps thoughts on a single draw,or from this date maybe two a week continuing until all prizes gone?) :think:

Scrapman
Donator
Donator

Post by Scrapman »

2002r1jon wrote:Friday 12th July,there will be a draw for the "Family Rockingham Race Ticket",as this will need to be used this season :D

The following draws will be continued from Friday 26th July(whats peeps thoughts on a single draw,or from this date maybe two a week continuing until all prizes gone?) :think:
I like the idea of winners each week .

Luke03R1
Donator
Donator

Post by Luke03R1 »

Scrapman wrote:
2002r1jon wrote:Friday 12th July,there will be a draw for the "Family Rockingham Race Ticket",as this will need to be used this season :D

I like the idea of winners each week .
I like the idea of winning each week :D but seriously Its matters not either way will work
ChrisH
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model:

Post by ChrisH »

Money sent well done lads :clap: :clap: great cause all my best for the lads future health
Beer is for all day not just Breakfast
2002r1jon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by 2002r1jon »

PJC has kindly donated his time as a prize to do a suspension set up Via Skype/Text/Phone/Email for a lucky winner,final details need sorting out,i was busy in the pub when Pete tried ringing me last night :D ,will get this finalized though ;)

PJC
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: GSXR1000K5 5PW

Post by PJC »

2002r1jon wrote:PJC has kindly donated his time as a prize to do a suspension set up Via Skype/Text/Phone/Email for a lucky winner,final details need sorting out,i was busy in the pub when Pete tried ringing me last night :D ,will get this finalized though ;)

Or I will meet you if your not too far away and assist in person. I am in Newcastle and will travel upto 120 miles ;)

Tuck in behind me, i'll show you the best place to crash

Stopped drinking, smoking, taking drugs and running sex parties, luckily ive still bikes to corrupt me 8-)