Searching for my bike

Useful tips for using the site. forum Etiquette, how to stay on the right side of the moderators & admins. How to post images, videos, and more.
roger1120
Lurker
Bike Make & Model: r1
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Searching for my bike

Post by roger1120 »

VX 54 AEM that's the reg of the bike I'm looking for. It's an R1 in blue. I was the first owner in 2004, bought from Kidderminster Motor Mart. The story is... In 2004 my wife was diagnosed with cancer. She realised that the following months would be as hard for me as it would be for her and wanted me to have something I could escape with on the weekends to relieve the pressure. So we bought a brand new R1. She died in August 2005 and for 2years after that I lost interest in everything and rarely rode the R1. When I did, because I wasn't "ride fit" it was uncomfortable. And so in May 2008 I sold it to Highway Motorcycles in Wolverhampton. I've regretted it ever since and am now in a position to be able to buy it if only I could find out who owns it. I've had no joy from the DVLA or any of the motoring services. So if anyone can help either with advice as to who can help me in tracking down the owner, or if anyone has knowledge of the bike. I would be eternally grateful.

PJC
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: GSXR1000K5 5PW

Re: Searching for my bike

Post by PJC »

roger1120 wrote:VX 54 AEM that's the reg of the bike I'm looking for. It's an R1 in blue. I was the first owner in 2004, bought from Kidderminster Motor Mart. The story is... In 2004 my wife was diagnosed with cancer. She realised that the following months would be as hard for me as it would be for her and wanted me to have something I could escape with on the weekends to relieve the pressure. So we bought a brand new R1. She died in August 2005 and for 2years after that I lost interest in everything and rarely rode the R1. When I did, because I wasn't "ride fit" it was uncomfortable. And so in May 2008 I sold it to Highway Motorcycles in Wolverhampton. I've regretted it ever since and am now in a position to be able to buy it if only I could find out who owns it. I've had no joy from the DVLA or any of the motoring services. So if anyone can help either with advice as to who can help me in tracking down the owner, or if anyone has knowledge of the bike. I would be eternally grateful.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Wife.

Put a post up in the newbie section to say hi and then this one in general bike chat as I think you will get more help that way

Tuck in behind me, i'll show you the best place to crash

Stopped drinking, smoking, taking drugs and running sex parties, luckily ive still bikes to corrupt me 8-)
Madturk999
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha r1 2008

Post by Madturk999 »

I hope u will find ur bike mate good luck
RIDE HARD OR GO HOME
Bub
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bike Make & Model: S1000rr R1 GSX750

Post by Bub »

I think the only way that you will find that out is if you know a friendly policeman, good luck with the search for it

SEND ME A PM TO BE ADDED TO THE FORUM MEMBERS MAP
R1ch
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: R1m

Post by R1ch »

Have to tried filling out a v888 with the dvla ? Your just have to pretent the reg may have witnesses an accident.. Or some such excuse for the request
https://www.gov.uk/request-information-from-dvla" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2002r1jon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bike Make & Model: Yam R1 5PW and BMW

Post by 2002r1jon »

Bub wrote:I think the only way that you will find that out is if you know a friendly policeman, good luck with the search for it
I will do some asking of questions for you ;) (Im not a cop by the way,but i do know someone who works for them)

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway
roger1120
Lurker

Post by roger1120 »

Cheers mate. :P
roger1120
Lurker

Post by roger1120 »

R1ch wrote:Have to tried filling out a v888 with the dvla ? Your just have to pretent the reg may have witnesses an accident.. Or some such excuse for the request
https://www.gov.uk/request-information-from-dvla" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the advice mate, and the link.