Chill the F**k out everyone

Useful tips for using the site. forum Etiquette, how to stay on the right side of the moderators & admins. How to post images, videos, and more.
Scrapman
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: Yamaha R1 4C8 07
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chill the F**k out everyone

Post by Scrapman »

Copycat73 wrote: though in fairness i`ve seen worse on other forums.... :techie-hiding:
Me too mate and that was my worst fear for this forum as it was becoming a trend (I include myself in that statement) :doh:

Suck, Squeeze, Bang & Blow.
r1aoc
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 5jj, 4xv + ossa's

Post by r1aoc »

Have some threads/posts been deleted?
as I haven't seen anything much worse than the usual banter :think:
Bub
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bike Make & Model: S1000rr R1 GSX750

Post by Bub »

r1aoc wrote:Have some threads/posts been deleted?
as I haven't seen anything much worse than the usual banter :think:
I think 1 post got deleted and that's about it Al

SEND ME A PM TO BE ADDED TO THE FORUM MEMBERS MAP
pod
Donator
Donator
Bike Make & Model: 2004 5vy r1

Post by pod »

Nice post scrappy and if I did over step the mark I appologise. Im sure your a really top bloke. You got a lot of positive imput to give and I hope the past is water under the bridge. Phil
hammy
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: 4c8 R1

Post by hammy »

A bit of banter is a good thing but I have to be honest on here it sometimes detracts a little bit from what the forum is about.Although im not a prolific poster I do like to pop on and have a read most days

On the other hand too many rules will put some members off. I started a forum five years ago and in the early days it was incredibly popular with up to 50 people attending our nights out every week. Similar to what happens on this forum people would take threads off on a tangent. We tried to control this to keep threads on topic but by doing this made some people happy and p*ssed others off....and to be honest the forum lost its happy vibe. Ive learned you're damned if you do and your damned if you dont.

Its particulary difficult conundrum because this board is in its infancy and what happens now shapes the way it develops. I hope it keeps going :D
Damo666
Been here too long
Bike Make & Model: R1 07 4C8

Post by Damo666 »

hammy wrote:A bit of banter is a good thing but I have to be honest on here it sometimes detracts a little bit from what the forum is about.Although im not a prolific poster I do like to pop on and have a read most days

On the other hand too many rules will put some members off. I started a forum five years ago and in the early days it was incredibly popular with up to 50 people attending our nights out every week. Similar to what happens on this forum people would take threads off on a tangent. We tried to control this to keep threads on topic but by doing this made some people happy and p*ssed others off....and to be honest the forum lost its happy vibe. Ive learned you're damned if you do and your damned if you dont.

Its particulary difficult conundrum because this board is in its infancy and what happens now shapes the way it develops. I hope it keeps going :D
:clap: :clap: