Update on Features and Progess

Useful tips for using the site. forum Etiquette, how to stay on the right side of the moderators & admins. How to post images, videos, and more.
r1Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bike Make & Model: R1 2CR,14B,4XV

Update on Features and Progess

Post by r1Mike »

Ok, just an update on what has been going on in the background.

First of all, my hosting company seemed to have periodic email issues, either their mail wasn't being sent or some mail hosting companies like google were blocking the mails from going to recipients, so some users who registered may not have got their activation emails, if you know anyone that seemed to have this problem they should have got the mail today once I sorted the issue permanently, if not they should try to re-register, if the username is already used they should try to recover the password with forgot user/password options, if all else fails they can email me on administrator@yamahar.co.uk with the details they registered with and I will investigate.

Thanks in posts should now be visible, you should have a thumbs up next to the quote button, and stats should appear in the userbox on the right.

For all you smartphone and fondleslab owners we have enabled the site to be used by TapaTalk (£1.99) and TouchBB (free with adverts or 99p) both in the Apple App Store, I believe TapaTalk is also available on Android. If anyone uses some other reader I can try to see if that can be integrated also.

There are lots more smilies available now by clicking View More Smilies.

A Guest user (i.e. a non registered user) can only read the first post in any topic, they will be told to register to view the X other replies to the topic. This is to encourage people to join and contribute by posting to the Community.

Some feedback on the coiours and the forum style would be interesting, I have had one comment about the userbox on the right not being to one users liking, this forum is for you guys so feedback is needed on the colour and style.

Once a coloursheme is decided on then a logo can be made, the one above was made (quickly - ie 5 mins) and published on the site, if I get some time I will have a go at something a bit more impressive, but if anyone out there is good with graphics packages and would like to make a logo then that would be good.

There has been quite a few other things I am working on, including stopping New Users posting anywhere on the forum until they have made at least 3 posts in the Newbie section, they only get to read everywhere else until the 3 posts have been made, still testing this before it is live though.

So, feedback please guys on what you like and what you don't.

All the best

Mike

-------------
2016 R1 - Spark Ti Decat/end can, FTecu flash & Blipper. ActiveTune, carbon wheels
2006 R1 - ProjectBike
1998 R1 - Stock
1994 NSR250se MC28 HRC ignition card, derestricted for full power.
All parts supplied by us - http://www.veloxracing.com
2002r1jon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bike Make & Model: Yam R1 5PW and BMW

Re: Update on Features and Progess

Post by 2002r1jon »

Its all looking great Mike,the work you are putting in isnt going un-noticed mate :clap:

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway
r1Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bike Make & Model: R1 2CR,14B,4XV

Post by r1Mike »

Cheers mate, although I wasn't looking for a pat on the back just keeping people updated.
-------------
2016 R1 - Spark Ti Decat/end can, FTecu flash & Blipper. ActiveTune, carbon wheels
2006 R1 - ProjectBike
1998 R1 - Stock
1994 NSR250se MC28 HRC ignition card, derestricted for full power.
All parts supplied by us - http://www.veloxracing.com
2002r1jon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bike Make & Model: Yam R1 5PW and BMW

Post by 2002r1jon »

r1Mike wrote:Cheers mate, although I wasn't looking for a pat on the back just keeping people updated.
Well a "pat on the back" has been given,wether you wanted it or not :D

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway