Search found 13 matches
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 10:14 am
- Forum: R1 98-99 4XV
- Topic: Re-cover Seat
- Replies: 2
- Views: 6578
Re: Re-cover Seat
Looks really good
- I used Acorn Upholstery who also did a nice job - getting the exact red colour looks to be almost impossible though ? Hard to tel…login to view the rest of this post
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 10:09 am
- Forum: R1 98-99 4XV
- Topic: Emulsion Tubes ( Needle Jets )
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1732
Re: Emulsion Tubes ( Needle Jets )
It's unusual to have a carb fault that affects all 4 cylinders. Can you be more specific about the fault, what revs, throttle and symptoms?
Is the TP…login to view the rest of this post
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 10:03 am
- Forum: R1 98-99 4XV
- Topic: Emulsion Tubes ( Needle Jets )
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1732
Re: Emulsion Tubes ( Needle Jets )
Thanks Moise - Cheers Paul 👍
Sorry Paul, I've just seen this.
The needle jet is pressed in and unavailable from Yamaha as a spare. It has been a while…login to view the rest of this post
Sorry Paul, I've just seen this.
The needle jet is pressed in and unavailable from Yamaha as a spare. It has been a while…login to view the rest of this post
- Thu Sep 17, 2026 5:19 pm
- Forum: R1 98-99 4XV
- Topic: EXUP Valve Opening and Closing Check
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1250
Re: EXUP Valve Opening and Closing Check
Thanks -
Information about the EXUP valve motion is really hard to find.
Cheers
Paul
Information about the EXUP valve motion is really hard to find.
Cheers
Paul
- Tue Sep 08, 2026 9:42 am
- Forum: R1 98-99 4XV
- Topic: EXUP Valve Opening and Closing Check
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1250
EXUP Valve Opening and Closing Check
Hi,
There are no fault codes on my 98 R1 . I’ve watched the EXUP opening and closing to check its operation . If I slowly open the throttle and increas…login to view the rest of this post
There are no fault codes on my 98 R1 . I’ve watched the EXUP opening and closing to check its operation . If I slowly open the throttle and increas…login to view the rest of this post
- Tue Sep 08, 2026 9:26 am
- Forum: R1 98-99 4XV
- Topic: Tank Breather System
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1470
Re: Tank Breather System
Hi,
Thanks for the information.
After doing lots of checks for blocked vents without success I decided to put the old fuel cap back on and this fixed th…login to view the rest of this post
Thanks for the information.
After doing lots of checks for blocked vents without success I decided to put the old fuel cap back on and this fixed th…login to view the rest of this post
- Tue Aug 11, 2026 5:49 pm
- Forum: R1 98-99 4XV
- Topic: Tank Breather System
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1470
Tank Breather System
There seems to be three breather / drain holes in the tank - below the key mechanism , through the hinge via a seal to a drain / breather pipe and fro…login to view the rest of this post
- Tue Aug 11, 2026 5:43 pm
- Forum: R1 98-99 4XV
- Topic: Emulsion Tubes ( Needle Jets )
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1732
Re: Emulsion Tubes ( Needle Jets )
Thankyou - only just spotted your reply - I’ve had to return to cleaning the carbs for a third time - just can’t get it to run clean in the midrange -…login to view the rest of this post
- Wed May 06, 2026 12:37 pm
- Forum: R1 98-99 4XV
- Topic: Emulsion Tubes ( Needle Jets )
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1732
Emulsion Tubes ( Needle Jets )
Hi,
Does anyone know where I can buy some Emulsion Tubes (Needle Jets) from for my 98 R1 ?
NRP in the UK don’t have any in stock.
How do I remove t…login to view the rest of this post
Does anyone know where I can buy some Emulsion Tubes (Needle Jets) from for my 98 R1 ?
NRP in the UK don’t have any in stock.
How do I remove t…login to view the rest of this post
- Mon Jul 28, 2025 7:45 am
- Forum: R1 98-99 4XV
- Topic: 5JJ Footrest Assembly
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4436
Re: 5JJ Footrest Assembly
Thanks for the information
Cheers
Paul
Cheers
Paul
- Mon Jul 21, 2025 1:23 pm
- Forum: R1 98-99 4XV
- Topic: 5JJ Footrest Assembly
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4436
5JJ Footrest Assembly
Hi,
Does anyone know if the 5JJ Footrest Assembly will fit the 4XV ? (not the bracket just the footrest)
Thanks.
Cheers
Paul…login to view the rest of this post
Does anyone know if the 5JJ Footrest Assembly will fit the 4XV ? (not the bracket just the footrest)
Thanks.
Cheers
Paul…login to view the rest of this post
- Sun Jun 29, 2025 9:26 pm
- Forum: R1 98-99 4XV
- Topic: Re-cover Seat
- Replies: 2
- Views: 6578
Re-cover Seat
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a company in the UK to recover a riders seat for my 98 4XV please.
It looks like I can only find a black 4XV riders seat at…login to view the rest of this post
Can anyone recommend a company in the UK to recover a riders seat for my 98 4XV please.
It looks like I can only find a black 4XV riders seat at…login to view the rest of this post
Hi
Hi,
Hello everyone - just got a 6000 mile 4XV R1 - what a beautiful bike !
Hopefully I’ll get to learn about my new bike on this forum
Cheers
Paul
Hello everyone - just got a 6000 mile 4XV R1 - what a beautiful bike !
Hopefully I’ll get to learn about my new bike on this forum
Cheers
Paul